Experienced my first lather explosion this morning!

thisISjoel

"Bloomed" Shaver Heaven Barbershop while I was in the shower and just for funsies I decided to just swirl the tips of the brush in the bloom water a few times and took it to my face, thinking it'd make a thin, watery "pre-shave" type thing that would help prepare my face/hair for the upcoming shave. Well, the lather exploded all over my face, it went in my ears, it filled the brush! It was crazy! It had very big bubbles, but I worked it for a while and ended up with a mountain of cushiony, creamy lather! POW!

"Bloomed" Shaver Heaven Barbershop while I was in the shower and just for funsies I decided to just swirl the tips of the brush in the bloom water a few times and took it to my face, thinking it'd make a thin, watery "pre-shave" type thing that would help prepare my face/hair for the upcoming shave. Well, the lather exploded all over my face, it went in my ears, it filled the brush! It was crazy! It had very big bubbles, but I worked it for a while and ended up with a mountain of cushiony, creamy lather! POW!

Pictures in the lather section or it did not happen ;)

I often wonder why people load their soaps so heavily. I always load for 10 seconds or less and have ample lather for my entire shave.

Working the thin lather will thicken it up as opposed to loading so havily that a litre of water needs to be added to get it to usable lather.