Feather Double Wing

JugV2

Simply boring.
I've seen a Feather Double Wing on ebay for $14 inc shipping, it states it is Japanese made and sold via Thailand.

Sounds dodgy?

Has anyone tried these, are they any good?

If it is a black-handled thing that looks like a Gillette Super-adjustable, then they are actually called the Feather Popular. A bit light but certainly not a bad starter razor. You are quite welcome to post a link.

Feather tend to 'copy' most of Gillette's old patents. Feather Portables which are basically a Gillette Tech head with an even smaller handle. You can actually put the heavier Gillette 3-piece handles on them for extra weight, or if you can find an iKon or custom bulldog handle then they shave even better.

$14 inc shipping is a decent enough price.

EDIT: I went looking and found them here. It's obviously a Super Speed head copy, I would suggest it shaves similar to a silver 40's SuperSpeed (ie a little more mild than the later '52-'54 black tip, and certainly less aggressive than any of the Flaretips, including the blue).

Great price to give to new recruits.

Yeah that's the one...I thought I might grab one and give it a go.

I'm seeing lots of stuff from theshaveshed on ebay. It's an Aussie seller and he has Merkur 1904's and such.

Has anyone dealt with him?

Link to theshaveshed on ebay

Last edited:
Not dealt with him, but the prices are a bit high - considering you can get 1904's delivered from the US for $25, you could buy both the open comb and the closed comb from the US and still have two bob change from what you would have to pay via ShaveShed on eBay!

In fact, I don't think is such a slight on the locals, just that The Superior Shave has the best pricing on Merkur bar none. And with current exchange rates I would say you are crazy to buy anywhere else.

I did hear that Merkur were 'concerned' about the pricing of some of their products from SS. May have heard it here, so sorry if old news.

In fact, I don't think is such a slight on the locals, just that The Superior Shave has the best pricing on Merkur bar none. And with current exchange rates I would say you are crazy to buy anywhere else.
Feels good to finally to buy something from the US and look at the checkout when the AU price is cheaper than the US price...

Not dealt with him, but the prices are a bit high - considering you can get 1904's delivered from the US for $25, you could buy both the open comb and the closed comb from the US and still have two bob change from what you would have to pay via ShaveShed on eBay!

I thought the pricing was a bit high also.

Not going to buy from him, I just wondered if anyone here had bought from him. Shoulda known that you mob were more switched on than to pay those prices.

I know somebody that bought one and said it was a total piece of junk. Of course thats only one person's opinion. Its a mystery to me where its made.

It is a piece of junk, Slantman. Spot on.

I've tried several reasonable blades in it but the one essential ingredient is missing - weight.

The Feather lives up to its name in that respect, but it's too light for my taste.

If anyone wants to have a try, let me know.

JugV2 stated in another thread that this razor was very light and a ultra-mild shaver - not much good at all.