February 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, @SpeedyPC the Best Badger. It's what I had ordered but received a Pure Badger. They very quickly sent this one out with a return envelope for me to send the pure back.

Big day for the postie today. Big thanks to @stillshunter for the samples. Trying new gear never gets old.
Scuttle/Brush/Fat Boy was an Ebay win. Thanks to @Mark1966 for the heads up on that one. The brush is going into the bin but I expected that. The Fat Boy is the real prize. It's in excellent condition and just needs a little clean up and polish.
The Duke is the replacement from Shaver Hut after they sent the wrong one. Express Post too.

273.JPG

Hmmm, I think I gave you a bum steer on the heads up - that 'Fatboy' is a Slim ...

Easy to pick now in the side on shot - can see it now going back to look at the auction photo but didn't notice at first quick glance - sorry :cry:

@Mark1966 No sweat. I didn't even know the slim existed until now! First line in your "Buying Vintage Razors" thread is "know what you are looking at" and I didn't. But hey... still a good razor and I'm still happy with my purchase. No apology required and you should continue to post in the "Heads Up" thread liability free.

@Mark1966 No sweat. I didn't even know the slim existed until now! First line in your "Buying Vintage Razors" thread is "know what you are looking at" and I didn't. But hey... still a good razor and I'm still happy with my purchase. No apology required and you should continue to post in the "Heads Up" thread liability free.

Yeah BUT I knew the Slim existed and should have spotted it even at a quick glance. I blame the screen on my laptop which is failing - but I really should have checked.

The date code (letter and number) underneath the head will give the year and quarter of manufacture.

M3. 1967. I got very excited for a sec as I was scraping at soap scum away trying to read the letter. I thought it was a "V3", my birth year and quarter no, it wasn't to be.

M3. 1967. I got very excited for a sec as I was scraping at soap scum away trying to read the letter. I thought it was a "V3", my birth year and quarter no, it wasn't to be.
It sounds just like a scratchie... [emoji6]

Big day for the postie today. Big thanks to @stillshunter for the samples. Trying new gear never gets old.
Scuttle/Brush/Fat Boy was an Ebay win. Thanks to @Mark1966 for the heads up on that one. The brush is going into the bin but I expected that. The Fat Boy is the real prize. It's in excellent condition and just needs a little clean up and polish.
The Duke is the replacement from Shaver Hut after they sent the wrong one. Express Post too.

273.JPG

My pleasure mate. Enjoy. Mixed up some classics and my favourite samples as received from @SydBJW (so thank gotta go out to our resident Sudsman too).

Looking forward to hear what you think of each of them.

nightmusic.png

It's on the way. Might be my only 'major' soap purchase of the year. The Yanks are losing their damn minds over the stuff - it's now sold out everywhere.

@shavetheman says it is a very complex scent. He knows what I like, and I think it's going to be an absolute stormer for winter.

Last edited:
Too late for the soap if you already don't have it ordered.
The aftershave is left.

Should have banned international sales of this!

While I'm on a shave-related sabbatical, I can still buy textbooks -

Oh yeah baby!

[PS: how can something so THIN cost so MUCH new? Glad I picked up a second hand copy]

While I'm on a shave-related sabbatical, I can still buy textbooks -

Oh yeah baby!

[PS: how can something so THIN cost so MUCH new? Glad I picked up a second hand copy]
How to spot the lemon? Is that the allusion with the cover...?

Digital copies (or even renting digital copies) are just as exy...

How to spot the lemon? Is that the allusion with the cover...?

I presume so. I can just see lawyers rolling around in fits of hysterical laughter about that one.

Digital copies (or even renting digital copies) are just as exy...

Ummm, yes. Hard copy or ebook of this both $120 new - the 'value' is in the content.

I presume so. I can just see lawyers rolling around in fits of hysterical laughter about that one.

Ummm, yes. Hard copy or ebook of this both $120 new - the 'value' is in the content.

When do you make time to read all these? Or are they like shaving soap? I haven't seen you post a textbook in the 'finished products' yet :p

When do you make time to read all these? Or are they like shaving soap? I haven't seen you post a textbook in the 'finished products' yet :p

The core subjects are done in intensives over 3 weeks. The nominal time commitment is 150 hours per subject, more if you want to do well. So add an average of 50 hours+ a week on top of a full-time job and it probably explains why I go MIA here sometimes. No time or desire to post in 'finished products' thread. By the time a subject is done you don't want any more to do with it!

Wow! That's a lot of work.

168 hours in the week, less the 40 at work, less the 50 reading that thin textbook..

Time waits for no man and very few women!

Status
Not open for further replies.