February 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Parker Variant Adjustable from the famous Ron Spencer via eBay -

and some light reading so I know just what kinda mad I am ...

A Henckels Rapide. I have seen fancier examples but I rather like the tin and its fully functional

djN3oBRl.jpg

A Parker Variant Adjustable from the famous Ron Spencer via eBay -

Interested to hear how this adjustable works for you given others positive comments.

Hope the book is good, we all have previously made some diagnosis or another on your behalf but it will be good to hear some confirmation of whether it's alphabet AD related.:wacky::) I'm guessing the book is loaded with spreadsheet templates for character trait mapping:) which if you then distribute on P&C should make it a lot quicker to work out what the heck is going on with ourselves.
Maybe once you've worked up the material it could be included in future travelling boxes as a self help aid. I'd volunteer as Guinea Pig but I'm probably past point of return.:zombie:

34s43u0.jpg

Unfortunately the aftershave lost a lot in transport due to a loose cap. So it's down a little past the label.

My first fragrance ever though! Time to google how to wear it! I am thinking it's way to hot though for this scent. A few months away yet.
Pity about the A/S fluid loss.
Lovely scent and complex. Yes definitely winter for me. Waiting for the April winter blasts before even considering using mine.
Do you have the soap for it too? Reserve base my favourite.

Pity about the A/S fluid loss.
Lovely scent and complex. Yes definitely winter for me. Waiting for the April winter blasts before even considering using mine.
Do you have the soap for it too? Reserve base my favourite.

Yep I got the soap. I actually have two tubs. Misses got me one for Christmas, and I ordered one just before that.

The scent in just the soap last for ages on you. With the aftershave I am thinking it will be strong.

I picked up a Kaweco Perkeo, I’ve loved using my vintage pens but a modern cheapie is more my speed as I’d hate to damage the oldies

I picked up a Kaweco Perkeo, I’ve loved using my vintage pens but a modern cheapie is more my speed as I’d hate to damage the oldies

Which one, piccy?
Was only playing with a co-workers collection on her desk yesterday. Saw hers and went really & wow very nice. Then she pulls out a leather roll with eight. From $20 to $400.
Prefer the modern ones. Was very tempted to get one but if you don't use them enough they clog. I hardly use a pen at work anymore unless I sign or make small quick notes so parked the idea.

Which one, piccy?
Was only playing with a co-workers collection on her desk yesterday. Saw hers and went really & wow very nice. Then she pulls out a leather roll with eight. From $20 to $400.
Prefer the modern ones. Was very tempted to get one but if you don't use them enough they clog. I hardly use a pen at work anymore unless I sign or make small quick notes so parked the idea.
sy8en1ol.jpg

This guy was $20 but you will pay double that if you buy locally.
The nib on these is the same as used in many of their higher models.

Unfortunately the aftershave lost a lot in transport due to a loose cap. So it's down a little past the label.

The caps on the FG splash are defective, most people are remedying them by gluing the two top caps together or replacing them.

My first fragrance ever though! Time to google how to wear it! I am thinking it's way to hot though for this scent. A few months away yet.

Definitely, it's for the middle of winter.

The caps on the FG splash are defective
The guy who bought it back for me from Canada was saying he thought that. No matter what he did it still leaked a bit. I cracked the bottom tamper seal right off it feels like it has sealed up. Anyways it's in the cabinet now!

The guy who bought it back for me from Canada was saying he thought that. No matter what he did it still leaked a bit. I cracked the bottom tamper seal right off it feels like it has sealed up. Anyways it's in the cabinet now!

You can fix the issue by using teflon tape and recapping them before they ship, but for retailers it's so much work. It's a one off issue for B&M which is highly unlikely will ever occur again, their packaging is typically first class.

So when is the rest of the order arrive?

Funny that they shipped in multiple parcels!
You mean the other 800? I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was actually waiting for 200 Wizamet Polsilvers to turn up and went through my Paypal account and looks like I only thought I had ordered, so I ordered (properly) those tonight and I’ve got a 100 GEM blades coming. I’m getting enough grief for what I’m buying now without compounding it.:)
My blade stash has gradually grown but so has the number of different blade systems I’m running so the rate of use for DE blades has actually slowed even though I’m still shaving every day.
Too many conflicting priorities in this house, people are trying to prepare for shavepocalypse, coffeepocalypse and possibly chocopocalypse all at once.

You mean the other 800?

Yep :)

I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was actually waiting for 200 Wizamet Polsilvers to turn up and went through my Paypal account and looks like I only thought I had ordered, so I ordered (properly) those tonight and I’ve got a 100 GEM blades coming. I’m getting enough grief for what I’m buying now without compounding it.:)
My blade stash has gradually grown but so has the number of different blade systems I’m running so the rate of use for DE blades has actually slowed even though I’m still shaving every day.

One reason I stay pretty much DE only - too many choices!

Too many conflicting priorities in this house, people are trying to prepare for shavepocalypse, coffeepocalypse and possibly chocopocalypse all at once.

Oh dear, now you got me worried, sorry GTG, some prepping to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.