February 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
p6pa3Wjl.jpg

Some essential kit for the new GEM addiction. Quick delivery from Connaught Shaving.

I have the SC and the LC and can’t really notice a massive difference. The blade you choose will affect the shave more IMHO.
Thanks @Greenpike . That’s interesting. So far off one shave I would’ve said the LC is slightly more aggressive but I haven’t tried them together or consecutively so can’t positively say. If they’re the same my son might end up with another razor. He currently uses my Razorock Old Type OC for when he hasn’t shaved for a while and is sporting a beard.

3uBNACZl.jpg

Quick review:
Opened the packet and surprisingly found out it was made out of paper, not the usual plastic. In a blind taste test I'd say you'd guess peanut M&Ms, but I think there is some differences in taste and texture. I haven't had peanut M&Ms for a while, but I think they're a bit crunchier and the nut/chocolate ratio or just the chocolate might be what gives it a slight difference.

Also the razor is great. Haven't used the soaps/balms yet, but should be excellent.

3uBNACZl.jpg

Quick review:
Opened the packet and surprisingly found out it was made out of paper, not the usual plastic. In a blind taste test I'd say you'd guess peanut M&Ms, but I think there is some differences in taste and texture. I haven't had peanut M&Ms for a while, but I think they're a bit crunchier and the nut/chocolate ratio or just the chocolate might be what gives it a slight difference.

Also the razor is great. Haven't used the soaps/balms yet, but should be excellent.
Nice haul and two tubs of the same Wholly Kaw (y)(y). Smart thinking.
Let us know your thoughts on project leather please. Was tempted but never did.

3uBNACZl.jpg

Quick review:

x5nvolT.png

Nice haul and two tubs of the same Wholly Kaw (y)(y). Smart thinking.
Let us know your thoughts on project leather please. Was tempted but never did.
I actually only got 2 tubs as it made it more cost effective after shipping. If I didn't like it, it would have went up for sale, but for now I'll be keeping it (y). La Fougere Parfaite has been described by some as Brut. I haven't smelled that in a long time, but it does remind me of something along those lines. I will be trying it out tonight with the balm.

Regarding Project Leather, I'm not a fan of the scent. I haven't tried lathering anything pictured so I can't comment on that yet. I'm not sure when I will actually try lathering Project Leather to critique it properly as it really doesn't appeal to me, but I suspected that when I ordered the sample.
Speedy actually asked about this scent on another forum and the response from WK was:
First of all I agree the name is a misnomer. The scent is not straight up leather and is a complex blend. The leather is Suede leather blended with Cardamom, Vanilla and Tobacco of the pipe tobacco variety. The scent should open up when the soap is lathered. A scent profile to pair would be Tom Ford Tobacco Oud.
For me, I get a dark green musky scent with a bit of spiciness. I have a sample of Tobacco Oud which I just applied to compare and I don't get a lot of similarities. Project Leather comes across darker and greener.

Hahaha, I'm still not sold on the donkey milk being a magic ingredient, but I do enjoy the WK soap base in its varieties and most of the scents.

Bengall came home,and this also arrived today.

SWdvaFgl.jpg

875GknUl.jpg

dNbAijUl.jpg

Small crack in scales on wedge end but seems stable.The blade is immaculate,looks to me as if it has never been anywhere near a hone,small blemish on the tail,couple of small ones on the stampings as well but insignificant. Pretty happy with it and will get it working as soon as feasible.

SWdvaFgl.jpg

875GknUl.jpg

dNbAijUl.jpg

Small crack in scales on wedge end but seems stable.The blade is immaculate,looks to me as if it has never been anywhere near a hone,small blemish on the tail,couple of small ones on the stampings as well but insignificant. Pretty happy with it and will get it working as soon as feasible.
Very nice Fili (y)(y)(y)

Wow, that blade looks in really nice condition. Nice score. Be interested in how that shaves for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.