February 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VGDj077l.jpg

Do I need a new lather bowl? Nope. But I couldn't resist the colour scheme :).
One more shaving parcel incoming, then I'll be waiting for the next limited soap release.

It's a very good razor as long as the blade exposure is even!

I have two Ming-shi razors that are uneven and the 3rd turned out even. It shaves exactly like the merkur futur.
I was straight onto it,and seems I got lucky as no problems.Finish is pretty good too with no blemishes or machine marks,adjustment turns smoothly and firm,cap fits nice and tight and doesn't move.Thinking I will use it on Fridays....Faux Futur Friday.

I was straight onto it,and seems I got lucky as no problems.Finish is pretty good too with no blemishes or machine marks,adjustment turns smoothly and firm,cap fits nice and tight and doesn't move.Thinking I will use it on Fridays....Faux Futur Friday.

FFF...I like it!!

I have had a couple of futur razors and didn't enjoy the shave much in terms of skin feel even though the shave was close.

The q shave is pretty much the same. The merkur progress OTOH is my all time favorite razor as its combination of smoothness and closeness is matched by no other razor, but the variant and Rockwell 6S are quite close.

I still use the q shave occasionally just to enjoy the variety and I actually really do love the look of the futur!

Status
Not open for further replies.