February 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dyhi0nTl.jpg

The guys at vshod sure throw in some freebies. All I ordered was the Haslinger and the glycerin soap. Also, the haslinger appears to be the tallow. Does this sound right? Thought it was all exhausted.

The guys at vshod sure throw in some freebies.

Yesterday I received my first order from VSHOD - 21 Double Edged Razor Blades - and I took received various freebies (the same razor blade keyring shown in your picture above, a vial of styptic powder, a vial of styptic solution, plus two sets of alum match sticks.

- PROSPECTOR CO. Brummels Shave Creme, K.C. Atwood Aftershave Splash, Miss Annie Jones Shaving Oil
- SUEHIRO Gokumyo #10,000
- SUEHIRO Whetsone Holder w/ Tray
- ATOMA Diamond Stone #400
- PENHALIGONS Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap w/ Wooden Shaving Bowl

Good luck with that!

We had a local soap maker's "shaving soap" gift bag as a door prize at a CBR meet up - I'm not sure that @lerenau has come back to another since 'winning' it ...
Yeah... It was basically handsoap with the word "shaving" on it.
I'm tempted to have a chat with them next time I see them and maybe suggest they try some Whispers or Squadron etc for reference.

Hopefuly @Ckoerntjes will have better with his soap - it's a different maker.

With all the recent chatter about Tabac in the forum I decided to buy some, over 40 years since I last used it.
The other gear is for my son.

6HCx8ppl.jpg

Wasn't expecting to be posting in acquisitions for a while but this 1963 Gillette Slim turned up with my Father In Law today. I told him he should be using it but he wants to pass it on and he knew I'd be interested. Even came loaded with a Gillette Spoiler from last use. The razor is in what looks like very good condition, operates very smoothly, adjusts smoothly and looks correctly aligned. Just needs some cleaning and TLC. Not sure whether I'll replate it or keep it as is. I was expecting I would never be in a position to receive a family razor so this is very welcome.

Picked up a 30mm Super High Density Knot from Maggards
5Bet9lyl.jpg

As well as a Boucher Brush fitted with a 27mm Landmark Essentials Knot
1qPH46Wl.jpg

LPBvRJCl.jpg
The loft showing on that knot looks too high or long for a 30mm fan, it’s going to splay pretty wide after broken in for a while may not be your liking soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.