Status
Not open for further replies.

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Don't be shy, buy Buy BUY... and then share with us here :)

254wtx5.jpg

9i5pw1.jpg

345hmhk.jpg

wgudmr.jpg

14n2ryv.jpg

2uihfno.jpg

14tv6v7.jpg

12645di.jpg

Nice work!

Can I assume form the above @borked that you may have bought an Old Spice shaving mug?
You may, if your heart desires, assume most anything mate :)
It was an unexpected spur of the moment acquisition.
Good thing too that I'm not a part of any silly sabbatical, alas a discovery like this in the wild would of escaped!

No sabbatical me me either. I've just purchased some JGS shave soap from @stillshunter . According to Australia Post's website it should arrive Monday morning. JGS soap and AS have both been on my must have list, unfortunately both being out of stock for a time. I will get my hands on some soap tomorrow thanks to @stillshunter and hopefully the AS will be back in stock shortly. Looking forward to Monday evenings shave.

Nice mug @borked . I don't have one of these mugs but I obtained this https://db.tt/mKmLnuVK, https://db.tt/tEv7sntA from a widower friend of mine who passed away around 8 years ago, whose husband had passed away many years before I knew her. I splashed some on once and was not impressed at all. Though it had "a smell" to it the scent was by no means strong or nice. It felt very oily and greasy. Not being an AS user 8 years ago I threw it in the back of the cupboard and moved on. I figure now that the NQ heat combined with age had removed all goodness.

Last week rummaging under my sink I found that bottle again, so loaded my current Old Spice in the plastic bottle into this porcelain bottle. It looks so much better than the plastic. I don't know if they still produce these porcelain bottles but with the resurgence of traditional shaving, to make a buck they probably will soon.

I hope these photo links work. This is the first photo entry I've attempted.

Though it had "a smell" to it the scent was by no means strong or nice. It felt very oily and greasy. Not being an AS user 8 years ago I threw it in the back of the cupboard and moved on. I figure now that the NQ heat combined with age had removed all goodness.

I see now why it didn't smell good ... ... IT WAS PRE SHAVE LOTION. What a duffus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. Good story. Great looking bottle as well.
Yep. Links work well mate. [emoji106]

Thanks guys, needed a laugh and you guys sure have delivered :)

@alfredus significantly cheaper than that one, yet that's a first edition and for something approaching 10 years old is still in good condition.
@stillshunter no, they don't count, as stipulated by @Mark1966 (should really take him up upon his offer before it's too late and one of your sabbatical brethren beats you to i) and no trade atm, still appreciating said wild catch :)
@filobiblic got some ? :p
@Dale.Whiley and no doubt it's lubricating the sewer system by now :)

Funny things happen when you are not paying attention. I had a delivery today -

One for the SE tragics - but it is not your common GEM.

It has a wedge blade that can be honed and stropped (although I will try with a SE blade) and is made by C V Heljestrand of Eskilstuna Sweden, a famous cutler and maker of straight razors.

Unfortunately you can't see the detail very well but it is beautiful -

Status
Not open for further replies.