Feburary 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true and whilst I'm glad he got the order, It's disappointing that @Nick the Knife failed to purchase a single one of these.
I'm guessing you were not aware they are an option mate ?

On the contrary I checked the whole of SSC's store to see what to get. Paying extra for a label? Nah, just snipped the basic one off, piece of cello tape over the top and its everybit as effective.

On the contrary I checked the whole of SSC's store to see what to get. Paying extra for a label? Nah, just snipped the basic one off, piece of cello tape over the top and its everybit as effective.
FYI, My cousin and I designed them, so it would be a purchase in support of our efforts :)

FYI, My cousin and I designed them, so it would be a purchase in support of our efforts :)
Ya don't say? Well thats a credit to you both, well done! (y)

I find it annoying that artisan soapers don't always ensure their own labels are waterproof as they KNOW that we OCD folks can't bear to put their product into another container without the label on it. Must set them back all of an extra 5c so go figure.:rolleyes:

Ya don't say? Well thats a credit to you both, well done! (y)

I find it annoying that artisan soapers don't always ensure their own labels are waterproof as they KNOW that we OCD folks can't bear to put their product into another container without the label on it. Must set them back all of an extra 5c so go figure.:rolleyes:
I believe it is why they held a competition for folks to design a new label for them.
Standard are cheap, whereas bespoke are waterproof with two alternate designs to choose from for spare change.

Bespoke soap labels! We have officially arrived at the big time now. ;)

I think they look nice - so as stated well done - FWIW did you and your talented Cuz get anything for your dapper design? Are both of them yours or just one style only?

PS In hindsight I saw them but hadn't really looked at them and for 20c each I think they'd have been a much better choice than the stuffing around I had to do cutting and taping on the existing ones - plus as you rightly say they look a LOT nicer. More fool me.

We did.
I paid her half the voucher received and purhased a heap of samples, which some should end up being in PC TB 3.

Finally !

And now to try linking a pic from imgur..

2ojg9jB.jpg

The pure is a bit more scratchy than the best, but I'm hoping it will brake in and be softer, and smell better too..!

Finally !

And now to try linking a pic from imgur..

2ojg9jB.jpg

The pure is a bit more scratchy than the best, but I'm hoping it will brake in and be softer, and smell better too..!
Monster brush you've got there NN!
Perhaps take a line up photo to show how much of a giant it is...

It's the second smallest brush they make I think. It's 2mm shorter than Berkerley, designed to fit in their small case (hence name) The only smaller one is the Wee Scot I think.

luCr2Fi.jpg

Random surprise present from the Mrs. A framed leather toiletries bag, or 'shaving kit' as the tag said. It's kinda like a mini Drs bag. Awesome :)

Fossil Leather Framed Shave Kit

Niiiiiice! One small catch I bet - is that she'd like you fit all your kit into the bag. It don't fit, it goes.....

Reactions: MrT
Mayfair%20403B%20%284%29.250.jpg

This arrived today, made by our favourite Isle of Mann brush maker.

I think the catch was she spent nearly $500 buying herself two dresses...
And in the interests of your health and sanity, you best remember to compliment her next time she wears one ;)

vodka_abs46.jpg

Add that to the acquisitions.
Also, a bottle of traditional hand made Monoi Tiaré Tahiti fell into my lap somehow.
It is pure coconut oil as to which the petals from a just starting to bloom Tiaré Flower (Gardenia taitensis for those that desire to get all Latin upon me) are soaked in for 14 days.

I am awaiting a few other items too that I wish would hurry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.