TSV First Townsville wet shaver social meet.

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
It appears a Sunday at lunchtime would be most suitable, probably at Odyssey on the Strand. Does Sunday March 6 or 13 suit everybody? It will be one of these weekends to "get the ball rolling". My wife is turning up with her '65 Lady Gillette, so any friends or partners are more than welcome. We will be having a lucky door prize or some description.

Look forward to your replies.

Dale.

Same I can't make it. That's the thing with Australia... everything seems close when you look at a map but then you start to drive...
My brother lives in Darwin and we had driven across central Aus and up through WA and arrived at Halls Creek. We said "lets go to Darwin, we're so close we may as well". Yeah... still something like 900kms away!!!! That was when I realized just how big out awesome country is.

Same I can't make it. That's the thing with Australia... everything seems close when you look at a map but then you start to drive...
My brother lives in Darwin and we had driven across central Aus and up through WA and arrived at Halls Creek. We said "lets go to Darwin, we're so close we may as well". Yeah... still something like 900kms away!!!! That was when I realized just how big out awesome country is.
I used to drive around Queensland as part of my job with Telecom for 20 years, driven Townsville to Melbourne and back, Townsville to Brisbane and back umpteen times, flown Townsville to Perth 4 times, flown Brissie to Tassie 3 times and driven Townsville to Darwin straight through (28 hours) and back and yep; it's a BIG country we got. You can stay in Melbourne and experience 4 different seasons in a day of drive in Queensland and pass through 4 different climates in a day.

Hey @Dale.Whiley, I would agree with your location - one digit off Heaven... that cause Heaven is next door - Mackay. :p
As Graeme Connors (a Mackay boy) used to sing, "I get a little further North each year" which shows the good country is going North, 'ey @eggbert ?

It's coming down to the final weeks now. As I will be away this week I'll put forward Sunday March 13 at 12:30pm as our first meeting at Odyssey on The Strand. Please advise your planned attendance. Date settled and attendees so for:

1. Dale
  2. Pamela
  3. Leon
Looking forward to meeting up.

Dale
Townsville wet shavers; This coming Sunday is the date. All those coming please advise me via this thread.

Dale.

So meet ups in SYD and TNV at the same time! Should do a video link up! :)