Fishing and hunting

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
do any of you fine gents fish or hunt?

I go deep sea fishing regularly and dabble in other fishing occasionally.

I wet the fly lines in April, for the first time in a good decade. Didn't catch any fish, but it was a good excuse to perch on a rock at Lake Jindabyne, and catch some solitude.

Whenever I go back to Perth, I catch up with a mate and/or my younger brother, and we will hunt sharks or big Mulloway.

Both here. I'm not much good at either but love fishing and bought a kayak last year for it and have had a ball so far mainly fishing ppb and eildon.hunting is more often than not just an armed Bush walk but I love just getting out there and any meat I can put on the table is just a bonus.

just fishing for me-
Nice to get out early and chase the cod when you have the time.
As a side note the Carp at the Cotter have become quite good at jumping, I’ve seen 2kg fish clear the water entirely- great fun.

This thread needs photos.

ootekKll.jpg
Pliers for size-

Also I made friends with this guy
aCQGlDWl.jpg

just fishing for me-
Nice to get out early and chase the cod when you have the time.
As a side note the Carp at the Cotter have become quite good at jumping, I’ve seen 2kg fish clear the water entirely- great fun.
Scared why you have so many knives now.

Scared why you have so many knives now.
Honestly I don’t kill the carp-
I appreciate that they arnt good for the environment but leaving them to rot on the bank isn’t good either and as I have no use for them besides sport I try to leave as little impact on the waterways as I can-I crush the barbs on my hooks and return my catches.

Sometimes I’ll cook up a red fin but that’s about it- I’ll return cod in season too.

Wow @Rami that is a LOT of fish you have there :)

Honestly I don’t kill the carp-
I appreciate that they arnt good for the environment but leaving them to rot on the bank isn’t good either and as I have no use for them besides sport I try to leave as little impact on the waterways as I can-I crush the barbs on my hooks and return my catches.

Sometimes I’ll cook up a red fin but that’s about it- I’ll return cod in season too.
I was under the impression it was illegal to release carp once they're caught, in the ACT.

I was under the impression it was illegal to release carp once they're caught, in the ACT.
That a long standing myth.

This is what the relevent department says in the subject

Carp/Redfin

Carp and redfin are pests. They can be taken with natural baits such as corn, bread or garden worms, shrimp or yabbies (only in open waters) or artificial lures. You can keep them or return them to the water where they were caught.

If you kill the fish, dispatch them humanely then dispose of them appropriately, and not beside the water’s edge.