Florian and SkyeFall for fence sitters

RustyBlade

2018 Sabbatical
Just to create more hype on APR's LE Florian release I like to share my thoughts for anyone still thinking about getting this scent either as a soap, splash or the EDT. Especially anyone who missed the winter scent release of 'SkyeFall' which was my absolute favourite this winter.

Here is the scent profile of Florian:
Top Notes Include: Italian Neroli, Bergamot & Sweet Lemon
Heart Notes Include: Petitgrain, Rosewood, Bigaradier, Cyclamen & Herbs
Base Notes Include: Elemi, Ambergris, Amyris, Vanilla, Spanish Moss & Musk

And here the scent profile for SkyeFall:
Top Notes Include: Pepper…
Heart Notes Include: Carnation, Rosewood, Thyme & Cardamom
Base Notes Include: Sandalwood, Ambergris, Amyris, Tobacco Flower, Whiskey, Yerba Mate, Leather & Civet

I was very lucky to try a sample of the Florian EDT and the subtle top note of lemon and neroli were balanced out by the bergamot to which my partner loved.
Yes, Florian & SkyeFall are not the same especially the top notes, completely in another direction but hey, it is an ode to winter as we approach the new spring.

BUT after a few hours when the middle came out or to others the top note vaped away. I got that unmistakable SkyFall base coming through. Warm with some sweet and bright notes with an added musk tail that was light but present.
It has strong hints of SkyeFall to me where some of the middle and base notes complimented each other.
Definitely not as dark and warming, Florian has a freshness and intoxicating vibe, just lovely and a cold, cool and warming spring approach for most wearers.
The EDT is a strong one. I rolled around on my pillow last night and still had a few notes touching my nose from a four spray 7am hit.

Yes it ain't SkyeFall and not close but it's the closest you'll ever get to it for anyone who missed out on it.

hi rusty.. how strongly scented are the APR aftershave splashes and do they last a while or disappear quickly?

hi rusty.. how strongly scented are the APR aftershave splashes and do they last a while or disappear quickly?
Can not say on the current release but very strong for a splash as I can still smell some of them late at night, though weak. I personally don't need to wear an edt/edp sometimes when I wear a few of them, example is Winterfall.
I'm a hot kinda guy (pun intended (y)) and I'll burn a scent off in summer quite easily whereas in winter the splashes last on me longer. Though we must note too that winter is cooler and so for most, scents stay on longer. Also the type of EO or FO that are used as this too will also play on this effect.

In closing, yes I find them on average to be the strongest lasting scents of what I have used... so far. Another quick thing to note is that glycerin helps the scent stay on the skin for longer. So alcohol only based splashes vape the scent off the skin faster. If you want a scent to last longer attach it to a fat. So if you moisturised your neck the scent will stay on longer there, another hint (for others) is to spray your collar or shirt so your skin's chemistry and heat will not degrade the scent as fast.

awesome thanks for that reply and those hints, much appreciated..

i am not into splashes just for their scents and quite like what i see with these having a lot of good 'skin food' in them, also happy to hear they last

Can not say on the current release but very strong for a splash as I can still smell some of them late at night, though weak. I personally don't need to wear an edt/edp sometimes when I wear a few of them, example is Winterfall.
I'm a hot kinda guy (pun intended (y)) and I'll burn a scent off in summer quite easily whereas in winter the splashes last on me longer. Though we must note too that winter is cooler and so for most, scents stay on longer. Also the type of EO or FO that are used as this too will also play on this effect.

. Another quick thing to note is that glycerin helps the scent stay on the skin for longer. So alcohol only based splashes vape the scent off the skin faster. If you want a scent to last longer attach it to a fat. So if you moisturised your neck the scent will stay on longer there, another hint (for others) is to spray your collar or shirt so your skin's chemistry and heat will not degrade the scent as fast.

Ball-park rusty :D

The fixitives in the perfumery and the concentration of my splashes and perfumes dictate the length of time that the fragrance is detectable beyond any of the other factors, I don't use Fragrance Oils FO's in any of my work either as they lack the sophistication I need for my designs.

Florian EDT is down to single digits :)