Fresh Cigar Scent

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I was in a meeting the other day and this fella walked in smelling of a fresh cigar without the stale smoke smell. When the opportunity arises will ask what aftershave he was wearing.
Got me thinking if anyone has a fresh cigar scent in their den? As an ex smoker have avoided scents with tobacco because I envisage stale ashtrays but does anyone recommend a nice fresh cigar scent
Thinking a vision of gents lounge with leather recliners, rosewood antiques, red velvet curtains, and scantily dressed maids serving cognac and cigars but not stale tobacco.

I was in a meeting the other day and this fella walked in smelling of a fresh cigar without the stale smoke smell. When the opportunity arises will ask what aftershave he was wearing.
Got me thinking if anyone has a fresh cigar scent in their den? As an ex smoker have avoided scents with tobacco because I envisage stale ashtrays but does anyone recommend a nice fresh cigar scent
Thinking a vision of gents lounge with leather recliners, rosewood antiques, red velvet curtains, and scantily dressed maids serving cognac and cigars but not stale tobacco.

Damn that's a hard one ! As an ex smoker (stopped 10 years ago after 23 years on the gaspers) I know what you're talking about - is there such a thing as a nice tobacco smell anymore?

Cognac & Cigars - Henri et Victoria?

Thanks @Ebonysw45 have you sampled either? Does green tobacco smell like cigar?
No, but I’m tempted to get the Alt because I like the traditional European aftershaves and Colognes. That’s if the 100ML bottles come back in. I’ll try it next time I stop in which probably will not be for about a month.

Damn that's a hard one ! As an ex smoker (stopped 10 years ago after 23 years on the gaspers) I know what you're talking about - is there such a thing as a nice tobacco smell anymore?

I'm in the same boat. The smell of a fresh unlit cigar is fantastic. That sweet tobacco leaf smell.

I bought the Vanille De Tabac from A&E expecting the same scent, it's fantastic but in no way is it tobacco. It's more cinnamon than anything else.

Razorock Puros is excellent: Cigar scent with more to it
Squadron Group Captains Blend: Not so much cigar but more yummy pouch tobacco

I also am an ex-smoker and initially avoided tobacco related scents for the same reason of the stale smoke smell.. but this inst present in any tobacco scent.

I'm a non-smoker so not too sure of the scent you are describing. If you are also considering fragrances (cologne/perfumes), I know the Tom Ford private blend are quite popular and they have a few different tobacco scents. Tobacco Vanille is one of the more popular ones.

3W7k3hXl.jpg

They don’t come much better. On the soap front, I’ve tried quite a few and frankly they all fell way short of the mark. I wouldn’t bother looking to be fair.

Edit
I’ve just sprayed some vintage Tom Ford TV on one arm after remembering the wife has some, SP on the other. The TV is sweet, and goes fruity, it’s not my thing. The SP is much more masculine, deeper tobacco, better quality. TV got watered down some time ago, I don’t know how it compares to vintage.

Last edited:
Alt Innsbruck is tobacco flower and menthol for those curious.
It is the perfect secret santa gift for @Mark1966

Alt Innsbruck is tobacco flower and menthol for those curious.
It is the perfect secret santa gift for @Mark1966

You are truly EVIL mate ...

For those who don't know the story I order some a few years back and in leaked in the packaging. Sitting in an office all day with the soaked packaging in the bin I ended up with a headache and cannot stand the stuff any more :cry: