From Canada With Love

Maxime D.

Hello there, my fine fellows from the Commonwealth.
My name is Maxime, I shave with safety razors and I come to you from the Dominion of Canada.
I have a lot of razors, a ridiculous amount of vintage double edge blades, I like Pinaud Clubman & Old Spice shaving cream.

Thank you for your time.
Best regards.

EAMt34C.png

Hello and welcome Maxime. Having a ridiculous amount of vintage blades guarantees you a shot at the presidency here. Give us a list!

Hello and welcome Maxime. Having a ridiculous amount of vintage blades guarantees you a shot at the presidency here. Give us a list!

Good morning, my good sir.
Here's the list of my vintage blades:
350 Gillette Blue Blades (In the blue metal dispensers)
165 Personna Super Platinum Chrome (late 70's)
165 Schick Krona Chrome 1967
200 Schick Super Chromium
45 Schick Super Stainless 1965
70 Gillette Française Super Stainless / Inoxydable
50 Gillette Super Stainless 'Made In Australia' 1984
85 Gillette Super Stainless 'The Spoiler'
60 Gillette Thin Blade
5 Personna 74*

None vintage blades:
330 Swedes
100 Gillette Bleue Extra
100 Gillette Super Silver
80 Polsilver Super Iridium
140 Permasharp Super

That's a lot of blades! I can almost hear Razormonsta's (our current and by the looks of it soon to be disposed president) drool hitting the turf.

Last edited:
That's a lot of blades! I can almost hear Razormonsta's (our current and by the looks of it soon to be disposed president) drool hitting the turf.

Except, as I understand it you can add a zero to each of those figures to get closer to RM's little stash :)

Hi Maxime welcome to the forum.

We tend not to use the word "sir" around these here parts. Aussies are funny like that.

Good to have you on board!

Welcome mate!

Take no head of the hacks around here, they are just taking the micky out of you. It is an Aussie expression of endearment.

You're a dark horse GT. As you were born there, does these mean that with any further indiscretions we can potentially get you to follow "The Bieb" back to Canada?

Sorry PJ I have permanent residency and I wouldn't follow the Bieb into water if I was on fire.

Sorry PJ I have permanent residency and I wouldn't follow the Bieb into water if I was on fire.

OK, but I think we need to call you Bieb Snr though ....

I thought my mate Maxy should join us. He even bought some of the Aussie Gillette Stainless that Marko got his mitts on. They are a damn good blade.

He did score some 300-odd Swedes a while back... so he can most definitely join the club.

Welcome mate!
Take no head of the hacks around here, they are just taking the micky out of you. It is an Aussie expression of endearment.

Hey I'm a Canuck, there's only snow to make me shake my head.

I thought my mate Maxy should join us. He even bought some of the Aussie Gillette Stainless that Marko got his mitts on. They are a damn good blade.
He did score some 300-odd Swedes a while back... so he can most definitely join the club.

330 + over 50 mystery blades that weren't on the pictures. I'll be honest laddie, I'm more exited about these mysterious blades than the Swedes :D

Hi Maxime welcome to the forum.
We tend not to use the word "sir" around these here parts. Aussies are funny like that.
Good to have you on board!

In my very humble opinion, every person living in the Commonwealth is born a nobleman. You're a 'Sir' regardless you're a dandy from the Northern Territory or one of these Albertan cowboys from Calgary.

Regards. :D

Last edited by a moderator: