G’day from Hawkes Bay!

The Doctor

I’m relatively new to the wet shave community but I’m catching up fast. I started last February with a Merkur 34c DE and have found that it goes really well with an Astra SP or a Feather blade. I also picked up a 175gm handle with an OC razor from WCS but I’m still pretty much struggling to shave without lots of blood loss. I am getting better, and that is improving slowly. I shave with Chisled Face Ghost Town Barber as a favourite and Stirling’s Sharp Dressed Man as well.

@The Doctor - Angle and pressure. Also try lathering your face then hold a hot towel over the lather for about a minute then re lather and shave. Also see first point. If all that fails get a straight :) Welcome aboard.

Welcome to P&C @The Doctor - great to have you here (y)

Do you ride a GP motor bike?
Or do you 'drive' a Tardis?
Anyway, welcome @The Doctor
Good to see more Kiwis coming onboard (although the resident Aussies are a bloody nice bunch).

I have ridden a motorbike but not a Tardis as yet. Funny enough, I think I may have you to thank for finding this forum. I’m looking at getting a Fatip razor and in my search I found a thread here. Do you have one? And if so is it really as good as I’ve heard?

Yes @The Doctor the Fatip Piccolo gives a great shave.
I bought the Special Edition set which gives an OC head and a SB head.
I prefer the OC (looks like a Gillette OLD), and it gives a smooth, close shave.
I've had a NEW LC as well, and this shaves as well as that did (but the NEW did look pretty! All nice shiny Nickel plating.)
The Fatip Picollo is black and gold colour. Can't just drop a blade in and tighten it up...may take a couple of extra seconds to align the blade properly. No big deal though.
Mine is the version 2 (which you get with the Special Edition anyway). I've read that the version 1 was a tad 'rough'.
The version 2 has the Fatip logo cast into the base plate so it's easy to see what version is what.
Used an Astra SP, and a Nacet blade so far and it gives a great shave.
I'm quite happy...but will still probably lust after a SS Karve and a Mamba 70 too.
Should you get one? Of course (enable, enable...) you should.
The Fatip does indeed shave well. I 'think' the Grande has the same head as the Picollo. Just a different (lighter) handle.
My choice would be the Picollo though.