G'day everyone

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
I got put onto this site by Filobiblic (thanks mate)

Began straight shaving Jan this year with a Dovo shavette. A friend then showed me his grandfathers T.R Cadman & Sons straight that had only been used to remove rego stickers in the last 50 years. So restored that with the help of Oz, and been enjoying it since.

Spent some time at the Socially Responsible Place and learned a lot, but I like the site here from what I've glanced at.

Hope to get to know a few and get more privileged as time goes on.

NickIMG_1466.JPGIMG_1547.JPG

Welcome mate - ignore the mad buggers around here and enjoy your shaves!

Nice work on getting this back into shape

My razors had a couple of holidays at Oz' house and he does a great job.

Saves me spending several thousand dollars on magical japanese rockery. What razor(s) do you use std?

Hi Nick, welcome to the nuthouse!

Hopefully you feel welcome, if @filobiblic is one of your mates then I am so sorry. Just don't use the 'G-word' and we are all cool around here.

Just watch your Trophies awarded and try to use those hints as things to do. Posting your first thread here is the first of the steps needed, the rest of the site will open up in due course (time, posts, links on the right hand side of posts clicked etc etc).

I got put onto this site by Filobiblic (thanks mate)

Began straight shaving Jan this year with a Dovo shavette. A friend then showed me his grandfathers T.R Cadman & Sons straight that had only been used to remove rego stickers in the last 50 years. So restored that with the help of Oz, and been enjoying it since.

Spent some time at the Socially Responsible Place and learned a lot, but I like the site here from what I've glanced at.

Hope to get to know a few and get more privileged as time goes on.

NickView attachment 698View attachment 699
Great to see you here!
Wow. Oz did a great job with the razor. Certainly a bit of history to it.

I'm guessing I'm std? :laugh:

Not using my straights currently. Every time I get geed up about getting back into it I visit SRP and cop an eyeball of "cut of the day" and chicken out hahaha!

I'm guessing I'm std? :laugh:

Not using my straights currently. Every time I get geed up about getting back into it I visit SRP and cop an eyeball of "cut of the day" and chicken out hahaha!

Looks like my auto correct must know you already syd!

I dunno, I've found my Bengall a lot kinder than the shavette was. Those blades are sharp as sharp when they're new!

If you sneezed while shaving you ended up with three nostrils or one ear.

Hello and welcome NoNick. Nice restore. Straights just look awesome. That one in particular. Nice simple scales, just the right amount of embellishment on the blade. Glad I'm not in to straights. I could get seriously hooked.

Welcome mate! That's a good looking straight.

Hello and welcome NoNick. Nice restore. Straights just look awesome. That one in particular. Nice simple scales, just the right amount of embellishment on the blade. Glad I'm not in to straights. I could get seriously hooked.

There's something nice about a vintage blade with a story that a new Dovo doesn't have. Though if I got another one I don't think I'd restore it myself, it cost me around $100 just for the polish, paper, pro honing + postage and you can get restored vintage blades on Ebay from a fella in Vic for $120 or so. I guess if you had the hones etc it would be free, but that's ignoring the many hundred dollar stone acquisition needed!

There's some fine brands to keep an eye on though :) incase a bargain comes along. Under a rainbow. In a pot of gold.

Hey @Nonick welcome aboard mate.

I like the cut of your jib already….though your avatar leaves a lot to be desired. But wet shaving is about saving money and so I hope with the pennies you pinch over time you can afford a real soap - might I suggest aiming for a man's soap - like Tabac or Speick.

@Nonick feel free to discard the above post, see he's an inherent insecurity that prevents him from appreciating life's nuances, such as performance over scent ;)

Ahh the jury is still out! I won't catch that stick for another month. Pity, now might be the best time to try it as I have a cold and can't smell a thing. It sounds like this would help my overall opinion of the product

Ahh the jury is still out! I won't catch that stick for another month. Pity, now might be the best time to try it as I have a cold and can't smell a thing. It sounds like this would help my overall opinion of the product
What? So you've not even tried the Beast from the Rusting Urinal and yet you're donning that Leave It To Beaver branding as your moniker. Hmmmm…. :cautious: