G'day from Adelaide.

Zeke

G'day all,

I'm pretty new to this caper, but I'm already well and truly on the slippery slope of having to buy and try so many different blades, soaps, cream, balms... I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about.

I had a go at using a straight razor a few years ago, but I realise now that I was viewing it simply as a different way to complete a task, removing hair, rather than embracing the opportunity to do something for myself, to take some time to achieve a result in a very personal and satisfying way. As a result of hitting the wall physically and emotionally a few months ago, I've immersed myself in this world again, only this time with DE razors, and I'm now approaching shaving as a time for me to be in my own space, doing something for myself that is fun and I can continually strive to improve on, without getting bummed out if things don't always go to plan.

I'm using a German 37 Slant razor with the Bamboo Torsionshobel handle which I find to be fantastic. I'm working my way through the blades I've purchased and still buying more to try out. I got a good lesson this morning about not having preconceived ideas about blades. For some reason, the idea of trying 7 O'clock Sharp Edge blades didn't appeal to me and I was ignoring them until I read a good review a couple of days ago. I proceeded to have my best shave yet using one this morning, despite being a bit rushed... Lesson learned.

The next goal is to get hold of some really good Aussie soaps/creams, and after reading through a few forum pages last night, I've got Squadron and Blue Devil products at the top of my list.

I'm looking forward to learning and laughing lots as I go on this journey.

Cheers,

Zeke.

Welcome Zeke!

Great choices with the soaps!

Enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the forum, Zeke. I too have that razor and you are right, it is a great razor (mild and efficient). If you like slants, RazoRock and Ikon make great ones that are easy on the wallet and shave great too boot.

Welcome to P&C @Zeke - great to have you here (y)

G'day all,

I'm pretty new to this caper, but I'm already well and truly on the slippery slope of having to buy and try so many different blades, soaps, cream, balms... I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about.

I had a go at using a straight razor a few years ago, but I realise now that I was viewing it simply as a different way to complete a task, removing hair, rather than embracing the opportunity to do something for myself, to take some time to achieve a result in a very personal and satisfying way. As a result of hitting the wall physically and emotionally a few months ago, I've immersed myself in this world again, only this time with DE razors, and I'm now approaching shaving as a time for me to be in my own space, doing something for myself that is fun and I can continually strive to improve on, without getting bummed out if things don't always go to plan.

I'm using a German 37 Slant razor with the Bamboo Torsionshobel handle which I find to be fantastic. I'm working my way through the blades I've purchased and still buying more to try out. I got a good lesson this morning about not having preconceived ideas about blades. For some reason, the idea of trying 7 O'clock Sharp Edge blades didn't appeal to me and I was ignoring them until I read a good review a couple of days ago. I proceeded to have my best shave yet using one this morning, despite being a bit rushed... Lesson learned.

The next goal is to get hold of some really good Aussie soaps/creams, and after reading through a few forum pages last night, I've got Squadron and Blue Devil products at the top of my list.

I'm looking forward to learning and laughing lots as I go on this journey.

Cheers,

Zeke.
Welcome Zeke to one of the best forums on the internet...

Great choice on the soaps, I myself enjoy Squadron and have quite a few of their soaps and matching splashes. For obvious reason I wont bang on about the your other choice of soap too much... (but good choice) lol.

Welcome Zeke. Squadron is a fine choice. Make sure to get the matching aftershave splash as well.