G'day from Newcastle

DanielM

Gday everyone,

Can't say I'm new to shaving, having shaved with a safety razor for 10ish years. However have recently transitioned into using a disposable blade straight razor (shavette?) to try and get cleaner, more consistent lines when shaping my beard. Figured that this is probably one of the best places I could come to for more information in regard to straight razors.

I would also like to potentially find someone to restore 2 old straight razors I have in my possession. One belonged to my grandfather, and one to my great grandfather. Both are in pretty good nick, just need a good clean and sharpen. Probably something I can do myself, but would prefer someone more experienced to do it to ensure no stuff ups of what I consider family treasures. That being said, razors are for shaving and they would both see use once restored. I find there's something special about using family heirlooms, following in the steps of my ancestors or some such. If anyone has any suggestions of someone who could help me out with this I'd very much appreciate it!

That's probably enough from me for the moment, I look forward to being a part of the forum, and learning and contributing as much as possible.

Cheers,
Daniel

Welcome to P&C @DanielM - great to have you here (y)