Geo F Trumper - Eucris Shave Soap

Minorci

I've been using this for a while, interchanging between this and TOBS Jermyn St Shave Cream.

What can I say, this is a fantastic soap. Lathers amazingly with a semogue badger. Needs a lot more water than normal than a the TOBS cream. 5 seconds with a damp brush swirling on the puck gives me enough soap on brush for a 3-pass shave. I lather on the face and not in a bowl and re-wet the tip of the brush for the second pass.

Razor glides quite well over the skin, but I'm not skilled enough to say it will give you BBS shave every time

The smell is superb, I really love the eucris scent, so much so I even went and got a bottle of the cologne and that is even better.

Minorci's rating.. 4 out of 5 stars. - to be reviewed again at a later date when I've gotten more experienced :)

I've had Trumpers soap before, they're exceptionally hard. I'd suggest spending a lot more time loading your brush. 5 secs, even for soft soaps, is pretty skimpy and leads to very thin lather. You can get multiple passes out of it, but it's not likely to give you the best results.

More soap should = better lather.

The soap actually ends up being too dry if i load up too much.

You do need to add extra water when you use more product. It's not about making 'too much' lather, but rather getting enough product into the mix.

Honestly, you'd be hard pushed to get decent lather after 5 secs on a hard puck like Trumpers. I spend far more time loading soft soaps.

Give it a go and let us know if it changes anything.

Last edited: