German Wilky's and cheap Kai's

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi P&C, the cheapest Kai's I can find are .50 each @ at https://www.razorbladesclub.com/ anyone know of a better deal?
Also thinking of trying a few other blades. Had my share of samples and settled on Astra SP, GSB, Polsilver, Nacet and Feather.
How do German Wilky's compare?
Any other suggestions???

German Wilkinson Sword blades are fantastic! They last longer than most other blades too.
YMMV depending on you're stubble, you're shaving techniques, the slickness of you're lather and the type of the aggression of the razor you choose during you're shaving.

Try Dorco Prime and ST-301s not because they are the best blades but because they are cheap and a great reference point. They give a good shave, mild, comfortable but chuck after 3 uses. Like any other blade you need to find the razors they work well in. Being mild they work well in aggressive razors.
There’s lots others to try but I find the Dorco’s a useful benchmark. Interestingly they are one of the narrower blades, which contributes to their mildness.

YMMV depending on you're stubble, you're shaving techniques, the slickness of you're lather and the type of the aggression of the razor you choose during you're shaving.
Daily shaver using GC-84P, Merkur or Progress with (Astra SP, GSB, Polsilver, Nacet and Feather) 39C (Feather only) still experimenting. Blades are a lot cheaper than razors

Try Dorco Prime and ST-301s not because they are the best blades but because they are cheap and a great reference point.
Thanks, only tried DORCO – ST-300 PLATINUM in sample pack will throw in a few Prime and ST-301s

Try Dorco Prime and ST-301s not because they are the best blades but because they are cheap and a great reference point. They give a good shave, mild, comfortable but chuck after 3 uses. Like any other blade you need to find the razors they work well in. Being mild they work well in aggressive razors.
There’s lots others to try but I find the Dorco’s a useful benchmark. Interestingly they are one of the narrower blades, which contributes to their mildness.
I second @Pbgoose. The Dorco Primes are surprisingly good and cheap enough to just buy heaps as a reliable fallback.
As a reference, my daily's are Nacet, GSB, Permasharp, or 7'Yellow.

Gillette Rubies and Gillette Red's are great, they are not Feather good but they do go the distance - especially the Rubie but watch for fakes, especially with the Rubie - @Monsta_AU has a chart. From memory the Gillette Red's (paging @Greenpike) come from an African guy on Ebay, I grabbed 100 on the off chance they were decent and they are not a bad blade, my preference would be the Rubie for millage but the Red's are really nice for what they are. Nacets at a pinch however they tend to dull too quickly for my liking, they are cheap though.

KAI's are not a bad blade in terms of sharpness and stand head to head with Feathers however personally I find them a little thin especially in the WR1, WR2 and BBS1 and definitely the Blackbird and Mergress. They seemed to fare ok in the Timeless, Slim and Fatboy though. Worth trying at any rate, you may find the opposite is true in your experience with them. I think that price you have on the KAI is about as good as it gets too, I seem to remember ordering them from ebay but I just did a search and can't find them so I may be mistaken.

@todras what blade do you find the best in your WR2?

Well I prefer feathers, but have tried Nacet, Rubies, Reds, KAI's & Polsilvers and they all do really well - aside from blade preference, no difference I found and it's the same with the bbs1.

Thanks @todras was considering Rubies after @Nico and @Razor Burn been praising them on SOTD lately.
Are Rubies from https://www.razorbladesclub.com/ OK?

They will have the real ones, the fakes I have seen usually surface on ebay at a price that is too good to be true.

I second @Pbgoose. The Dorco Primes are surprisingly good and cheap enough to just buy heaps as a reliable fallback.
As a reference, my daily's are Nacet, GSB, Permasharp, or 7'Yellow.
Another fan of the Dorco Primes and GPS/Perma Sharp, getting good mileage out of the Perma's. need to get myself some more as I think I only have 2 or 3 left. Also really like the German Wilks

Side note: Are tHe Dorco Primes the same blade as the ST301 or do they differ, it's one of those blades I've read some say are the same while others swear they differ. I DON'T like the Dorco ST300, not tried the ST301.

I love German Wilkinson blades, quite sharp, last a long time significantly more than other blades and smooth.. def try them, they might b my new #1 in front of polsilvers

Some of the vintage Polsilvers are very,very good, there are a number of variants that @borked will gladly explain to you if you have not dived down that hole. I prefer feathers, but would be the first to admit some of the older Polsilvers are really well made blades both in shave, and in longevity.

Another fan of the Dorco Primes and GPS/Perma Sharp, getting good mileage out of the Perma's. need to get myself some more as I think I only have 2 or 3 left. Also really like the German Wilks

Side note: Are tHe Dorco Primes the same blade as the ST301 or do they differ, it's one of those blades I've read some say are the same while others swear they differ. I DON'T like the Dorco ST300, not tried the ST301.

Dorco Primes are different to the ST-301s. There is difference in blade dimension, can't remember which is the narrower. I like them both, haven't tried the ST300s.
If you search you'll come across various tables on this and other forums that compare blade dimensions and also rate performance.

Dorco Primes are different to the ST-301s. There is difference in blade dimension, can't remember which is the narrower. I like them both, haven't tried the ST300s.
If you search you'll come across various tables on this and other forums that compare blade dimensions and also rate performance.
Oh good to know, will look for threads on them. I'm going to grab some Primes as I like them, might grab a single pack of the ST301 to try and see. Absolutely hated the ST300 model hacked my face, I got 3 long scrape line weepers on a very mild (level 2 or less) razor when I tired.

One of my Son's have been using the rest of the 2 packs I got, he thinks they are ok, may have been just a single bad blade I guess but I'm just not game enough to try them again. So many other blades that are far better to use and enjoy and my face is too beautiful :troll: to ruin.

Some of the vintage Polsilvers are very,very good, there are a number of variants that @borked will gladly explain to you if you have not dived down that hole. I prefer feathers, but would be the first to admit some of the older Polsilvers are really well made blades both in shave, and in longevity.

Interesting now u got me thinking, how do u know if you have any of the older polsilvers?

Yeah I dived head first into that hole.. have around 8 years supply of blades atm

Hi P&C, the cheapest Kai's I can find are .50 each @ at https://www.razorbladesclub.com/ anyone know of a better deal?
Also thinking of trying a few other blades. Had my share of samples and settled on Astra SP, GSB, Polsilver, Nacet and Feather.
How do German Wilky's compare?
Any other suggestions???
If I recall @Kaeckerut bought a 1,000 a while back but not sure where from? Sadly the Wilkinson Sword blades don't work for me no matter which DE i try them with. My latest favourite is the Gillette Rubie Platinum's but they similar to what you've already listed (all favourite's of mine) :unsure: