German Wilky's and cheap Kai's

Went to place an order for some more Dorco Primes and a sampler of the ST301's lol..fingers slipped and I bout a few hundred GPS/ Perma Sharp instead by accident lol... I'll grab the others in the New Year.... Forget going down a rabbit whole...I've taken over the whole warren.... The amount of blades I already own in less than a month may well outlast me!

Just saw 100 Perma's on Amazon $22, son has prime so free delivery. I'm bought way too many woohoooo....

Last edited:
Well I prefer feathers, but have tried Nacet, Rubies, Reds, KAI's & Polsilvers and they all do really well - aside from blade preference, no difference I found and it's the same with the bbs1.

They will have the real ones, the fakes I have seen usually surface on ebay at a price that is too good to be true.
I got mine from @Nico and they shave smoothly in all my DEs - even the R41, OCs & Slants. As @todras mentioned, best to checkout @Monsta_AU for his detailed page on spotting fakes as it's super informative (y)

Interesting now u got me thinking, how do u know if you have any of the older polsilvers?

Yeah I dived head first into that hole.. have around 8 years supply of blades atm
There is at least 3 versions of the Browns, which are the stainless and 2 versions of the SI's which are super iridium.
My understanding is only the modern SI is still produced, which is the one most know.

Thank you P&C for advice and recommendations.
Unless I start chasing rare vintage blades this will complete the collection and provide enough variety to keep me entertained for a while.
Order placed with https://www.razorbladesclub.com/
Dorco - Prime Platinum × 30 blades:
Dorco - ST-301 Stainless × 30 blades:
Gillette - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge × 30 blades:
Kai – Stainless Steel × 30 blades:
Gillette - Rubie Platinum × 30 blades:
Perma-Sharp - Super × 30 blades:
Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds) × 30 blades:
Wilkinson - Sword (Germany) × 30 blades:

Hi P&C, the cheapest Kai's I can find are .50 each @ at https://www.razorbladesclub.com/ anyone know of a better deal?
Also thinking of trying a few other blades. Had my share of samples and settled on Astra SP, GSB, Polsilver, Nacet and Feather.
How do German Wilky's compare?
Any other suggestions???
@Razor Burn is correct. I picked up 1000, but I think for small quantities it would be better using razor blades club. Keep in mind delivery costs, exchange rate and potential GST.

I got mine from:
http://store.mensroombarbershop.com/kai-stainless-steel-double-edge-razor-blades/

Out of the 30 or so blades I tried, I would put KAI and Feather in the top 2 spots. Feathers are shaper but KAIs are smoother and I don't find you lose too much sharpness. I find the smoothness really helps in more aggressive (e.g. open comb) razors where the feathers can be a bit bitey. Both are great in smooth razors.

Edit: Random note. KAIs are a thicker Blade which don't make them friendly with swinging door razors

Last edited:

Sadly both the German and Indian/Chinese versions just don't work and end up cutting me something crazy :(

Out of the 30 or so blades I tried, I would put KAI and Feather in the top 2 spots. Feathers are shaper but KAIs are smoother and I don't find you lose too much sharpness. I find the smoothness really helps in more aggressive (e.g. open comb) razors where the feathers can be a bit bitey. Both are great in smooth razors.

Edit: Random note. KAIs are a thicker Blade which don't make them friendly with swinging door razors

I am hoping KAI's are nearly as sharp as Feathers and last a couple more shaves in the 39C. Would be good to get 5 x BBS out of the slant. Will find out soon enough.

I am hoping KAI's are nearly as sharp as Feathers and last a couple more shaves in the 39C. Would be good to get 5 x BBS out of the slant. Will find out soon enough.

Kai and Feathers are both sharp and last me seven to ten days. They are different though, some erroneously think the Feathers are thin and the Kai's are thick, but they are the same thickness. The Kai blades are less flexible, either from alloy or temper, I don't know which, and Feathers are almost flimsy feeling because they are so flexible. Both are great blades.