Gillette Blades - which is which?

This may have been posted before, and I am not sure how much one can take away from this, or how accurate it is. All I can say is that I discovered Gillette Yellows from this because of the similar reading to my favourite blades, the Gillette Silver Blues

You can sort alphabetically by clicking the Description heading (the lower the number the sharper the blade)

DE Blade Sharpness comparison chart
https://www.refinedshave.com/razor-blade-sharpness-summary/

I'd like to recommend the Gillette Platinum blades but its hard to say what you are going to get. There seem to be at least three currently on the market with the same name but with different packaging and blade print.
I have two types of the blades and both seem to be very good at least for me. They are plenty sharp enough but also very smooth.
From memory the first lot I got had Ink printed on the blades whilst the second batch I got had been laser etched on one side. I assumed that this was the way forward now and that they were all laser etched by Gillette which perhaps did it to stop fakes being made but more recently after deal hunting for them I was told by one seller that Gillette has gone back to Ink printing as the laser printing was causing too much uncertainty and confusion as to their legitimacy so Gillette simply went back to Ink prints on the and that is how they are now going forward with production however I ordered some locally recently that were low and behold laser etched but must say the laser etched ones were all dated with 2018 on them.

The Ink Printed ones I have which were my first batch are the ones that were distributed at the time in the middle east as they have Arabic writing on them.
The laser etched ones that have the writing on one side only are the European ones which were all manufactured in 2018 onwards to my knowledge.

The dealer I contacted earlier could be telling the truth about the blades going back to Ink printing and as I have been told they are 2021 stock but I can't personally vouch for them because I haven't tried them to compare. Has anyone got any experience regarding the matter?

I'm going to keep digging and report back when I find out more.

This thread definitely needs to be updated.

This may have been posted before, and I am not sure how much one can take away from this, or how accurate it is. All I can say is that I discovered Gillette Yellows from this because of the similar reading to my favourite blades, the Gillette Silver Blues

You can sort alphabetically by clicking the Description heading (the lower the number the sharper the blade)

DE Blade Sharpness comparison chart
https://www.refinedshave.com/razor-blade-sharpness-summary/

Yeah I have seen this website before and whilst not everyone can agree on it he at least brings a more sound approach to his testing which remains consistent across the board.
I have a very cheap and basic usb Microscope somewhere that I bought many years ago so I might see if it is useful and carry out my own testing on stuff. I don't think its up to snuff though for what I want to do but I'll have to look into it one day.

I’m just working through the last of my stash of Astra SPs… then it’s Silver Blues and 7 O’clock Yellows for life.

Wizamets? I’ve never even heard of them!

Nacets… how do they compare to the Platinums and Silver Blues?

To be honest, I really like Silver Blues. They’re sharp, but still smooth, and are a excellent basic blade. I’ve pretty much decided on them as my blade for life. I should just sell my stash of 7 O’clock Yellows.

I suppose things can always change though…

To be honest, I really like Silver Blues. They’re sharp, but still smooth, and are a excellent basic blade. I’ve pretty much decided on them as my blade for life. I should just sell my stash of 7 O’clock Yellows.

FYI ;) Just remember YMMV because everybody is different

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Stainless red & white (old) the old version is no longer available on the market
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) see above FYI
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum & King C Gillette
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
Tiger Platinum (grey)
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade

Just some subtle enabling @Mistertaz I thought GSB were top of the range about 2 years ago but have not touched them since discovering Wizamets and Aussie Spoilers.
GSB were a bit middle of the road and for the $$ preferred Astra SP

Parent company for Polsilver's, which are the bitcoin of P&C :)
Amount of folks I converted to them, I'm surprised not to be slapped with an enabler tag!

While I was still shaving with DE blades, I was happy enough to get rid of my Polsilvers after I discovered Gillette Yellows, which quickly became my go-to. Nacets are almost as sharp as Feathers, but smoother. From what I've read, the Minora sounds like a good choice too.

From experience the Nacets only work in a few razors as very sharp so tend to shave harsh and perfect for Rockwell 6S, GameChanger 84P (both since sold) and the Merkur 34C which is a similar experience when using the Yellow's that shave great in the Rocca but a bit harsh in other razors???

I started off using Permasharps, GSB and Platinums and they're fine with most razors but my favourite Gillette blade is the Minora/Red&White Stainless as similar performance to Wizamet and equally long lasting.

A shout out to Rubie Platinum's as the ideal blade to pair with assertive razors (Blackland Dart, iKon Tech, R41, Timeless Bronze OC) as somehow they minimise the harshness but found mixed results between packs that I tried as some super smooth and others harsh...?