Gillette King C - DE (anyone tempted or know how to get it?)

Phunk

I know this is a heated topic,

Even I'm at war with myself over the King C DE Razor that was released this year, but a part of me really wants to get my hands on one to try it out or even just to add to the collection - considering the price point.

Reviews have been generally OK so far and even though it's a 'Mild Razor' it's generally not as mild as the models most start off with.

There is also a little Youtube comment war about the head being 'German'.. I don't think so, I think it's just a copy of a Muhle head, same as the 34C copy that Shavershop sell.

Anyone seen any in Aus or know how to get one apart from using a freight forwarded via walgreens in the US?

Seen the hype, will just let it pass by personally.

#justanotherrazor

Seen the hype, will just let it pass by personally.

#justanotherrazor

Very true, but if they actually sold this at Woolies it would be so much better than the 'jack the barber' garbage they have in there now.

That razor is terrible, even the actual plating on it feels so flimsy.

I know this is a heated topic,

Even I'm at war with myself over the King C DE Razor that was released this year, but a part of me really wants to get my hands on one to try it out or even just to add to the collection - considering the price point.

Reviews have been generally OK so far and even though it's a 'Mild Razor' it's generally not as mild as the models most start off with.

There is also a little Youtube comment war about the head being 'German'.. I don't think so, I think it's just a copy of a Muhle head, same as the 34C copy that Shavershop sell.

Anyone seen any in Aus or know how to get one apart from using a freight forwarded via walgreens in the US?
Other than forwarding services, if you intend to order some gear from a US artisan or store, maybe see if they will source one for you?

Other than forwarding services, if you intend to order some gear from a US artisan or store, maybe see if they will source one for you?

Not sure if places like Shavenation / Westcoast shaving will get them in for a while, they look like they're destined to be a Chemist / Supermarket edition.. time will tell!

You can purchase from third parties on Ebay.

No it won't be sold here at retail level. It's a Walgreens exclusive.

A DE razor in the supermarket. Its 1960 again, soon we will have wax straws, bagging will be done in paper and milk will come in bottles. Jokes aside a decent razor that can be picked up anywhere (made in china aside) can't be a bad thing. The razor is a fair price but blades wow they have always been daylight robbery here in the supermarket or chemist. Now if they just got back a decent shave stick and say an omega brush we would really be talking.

A DE razor in the supermarket. Its 1960 again, soon we will have wax straws, bagging will be done in paper and milk will come in bottles. Jokes aside a decent razor that can be picked up anywhere (made in china aside) can't be a bad thing. The razor is a fair price but blades wow they have always been daylight robbery here in the supermarket or chemist. Now if they just got back a decent shave stick and say an omega brush we would really be talking.
Woolies has brown paper shopping bags