Gillette reckon their ProGlide carts last up to 5 weeks!

Absolute BS.
That's why I'm here. I only got a week out of a gillette cartridge razor, and that was stretching it to the point where it was uncomfortable.
The system was OK but the blade quality was rubbish for those with tougher beards. Just like some people can't get more than 2-3 shaves out of certain DE blades, I couldn't get more than 5-6 decent shaves out of a gillette cartridge.

Agreed. I think anyone getting more than a week out of a cart is fooling themselves. Sure you can still shave with it but it is not comfortable and you will not get a good result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubbish guys, cart shaving is a lot cheaper and this just proves it. Hold on....let me see...2DE blades/week for 5 weeks @ 20c blade equals $2. Damn, that's still half the price of your average cartridge. I'm still stuck with this archaic, old fashioned, traditional shaving crap.

Rubbish guys, cart shaving is a lot cheaper and this just proves it. Hold on....let me see...2DE blades/week for 5 weeks @ 20c blade equals $2. Damn, that's still half the price of your average cartridge. I'm still stuck with this archaic, old fashioned, traditional shaving crap.

Thank the appropriate deity I bought most of my blade stash at Sing$5.5 per 100 and can run it for a week on a single blade which you'll appreciate is cheaper than running a beard :D