Gillette Slim vs Fatboy

AussieTanker

I have one of each and have been shaving with both over the last week. I *think* that i like the heft and the shorter handle of the Fatboy but there is also something about the Slim that i like (but can't quite put my finger on) so I'm struggling to figure out which one i like best :(

Which is regarded as the more popular? ...

Let me know which one you prefer and why :)

Some people seem to take issue With the size of the fat boys head and have difficulty getting under the nose.
Personally I like em both but I currently only have a fat boy

Only have a Slim because originally wanted a birthyear razor and Fatboy's weren't made in 66' and very happy with it, although have nicked myself under the nose with blade tabs more times than any other razor by being in careless autopilot mode.

Hate them both - the slim is even worse than the FatBoy :D

i have a slim i got of @Holiday and do like it, beautiful razors and well built to last the test of time but at the end of the day they do not compare to a wolfman or timeless

used a fatboy also and liked it.. but out of the two, i would give my vote to the slim

i have a slim i got of @Holiday and do like it, beautiful razors and well built to last the test of time but at the end of the day they do not compare to a wolfman or timeless ...

Absolutely correct, could not agree more, the Fatboy and Slim are far superior to any simple three piece razor somebody has chucked together.

Ha, the key is to have lots of straights. I haven’t honed a razor for 3 months. Stropping only takes about 2 min. The shave only slightly longer then a safety razor. Now if you prefer a safety razor that’s different.

Ha, the key is to have lots of straights. I haven’t honed a razor for 3 months. Stropping only takes about 2 min. The shave only slightly longer then a safety razor. Now if you prefer a safety razor that’s different.
I don't have a bloody problem using a CJB, KAI or Feather Japanese standard style shavette

Love em both! Maybe the Slim is slightly more dextrous but performance wise I think of them the same. Hand me either and I'm happy.
i have a slim i got of @Holiday and do like it, beautiful razors and well built to last the test of time but at the end of the day they do not compare to a wolfman or timeless

used a fatboy also and liked it.. but out of the two, i would give my vote to the slim

Slim does seem to be the favourite (by a whisker), not just here but in may other threads and forums :)

@Holiday does the Slim shave similar to the Black Beauty you lent me a while ago?
YMMV the Slim has better weight distribution IMO the BB plastic handle makes it a bit top heavy and prefer the Slim handle length.
Always happy to enable a fellow P&C member and lend a Slim for testing :)

YMMV the Slim has better weight distribution IMO the BB plastic handle makes it a bit top heavy and prefer the Slim handle length.
Always happy to enable a fellow P&C member and lend a Slim for testing :)

Might take you up on that sometime 👍🏾

I *think* that i like the heft and the shorter handle of the Fatboy but there is also something about the Slim that i like (but can't quite put my finger on) so I'm struggling to figure out which one i like best

Well, I've been shaving with both since posting this question. TBH, I think that i like them both, each for slightly different reasons. I might just have to spoil myself and to keep using both in rotation!