Gillette Stainless (Red & White)

The Gillette Nacet is slightly sharper and smoother than the Gillette Stainless Red & White pack, for example, this is how I keep a record of blades and this is how I rate the blade top is very very sharp, lowest is crap.

Feather Hi-Stainless <--- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Stainless (red & white)
Polsilver Super Iridium & Wizamet Super Iridium (both are the same blade)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum
Astra Superior Platinum <---- Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp Super
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade

Interesting list.

As shaving goes YMMV.

My list would be similar with 3 minor differences

Gillette Silver Blue, Astra SS, and Perma sharp I would move to directly below the Nacet.

The Gillette Nacet is slightly sharper and smoother than the Gillette Stainless Red & White pack, for example, this is how I keep a record of blades and this is how I rate the blade top is very very sharp, lowest is crap.

Feather Hi-Stainless <--- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Stainless (red & white)
Polsilver Super Iridium & Wizamet Super Iridium (both are the same blade)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum
Astra Superior Platinum <---- Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp Super
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade
How did you compile this list? I'm impressed.
Did you use information from other sources to help determine relative sharpness/smoothness or is this all your assessment?
I'm gradually getting an idea of what blades I like or dislike but would find it near impossible to put all my blades in some sort of order like this.

How did you compile this list? I'm impressed.
Did you use information from other sources to help determine relative sharpness/smoothness or is this all your assessment?
I'm gradually getting an idea of what blades I like or dislike but would find it near impossible to put all my blades in some sort of order like this.
I bought a whole pack of different blades (tryablade), takes a while to learn to understand the sharpness of each blade for different types of aggression level of razors and how long the blade lasts.

You have to learn how to experience each blade for different razors on your own, to be honest, took me nearly two years to understand the level of sharpness for each blade. Because YMMV depending on your skin, stubbie, blades and the different types of aggression level of razors that suits you. And I’m still learning.

Last edited:
Also the higher aggression level of razors like the R41 can shorten the blade life, sharpness and smoothest for each blade.

I learn be keeping the aggression level of razors down as just above middle level, that way you’ll have the best quality of shaves and I’ve stop chasing for BBS all the time.

Hi @SpeedyPC , very useful reference mate! Interested to see where you would put Gillette Rubies.

Hi @SpeedyPC , very useful reference mate! Interested to see where you would put Gillette Rubies.
I haven’t tried Gillette Rubies and I didn’t get a pack into my stamping blade pack, I’ve completely forgotten about it and also heard about a lot of fake Gillette Rubies been floating around online.

I’m hoping the Gillette Rubies fake blades have stopped, I would love to get a few pack of Gillette Rubies.

Last edited:
I’m glad I’ve got mine in bulk (900) cheaper from Israel a few years ago.
41-B16-B8-D-E554-44-F4-AB82-D94822441275.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a bit pricey all the way from Canada, better hurry and grab these Gillette Stainless.

I’m glad I’ve got mine in bulk (900) cheaper from Israel a few years ago.
Nah... almost 30 years for Gillette Stainless

Yes... I've got a lifetimes of blades supply to see below, I can pass them onto my cousin who loves wet shaving when I RIP :shame:

A6-FA201-B-326-B-4-B36-9-D47-92-A566-AE2-CC1.jpg
61-EE02-B7-C39-D-4995-9903-577-C65676487.jpg

OMG

You have a Fort Knox of razor blades. :)

If need any super iridium blades I know who to see (lol)

Nah... almost 30 years for Gillette Stainless

Yes... I've got a lifetimes of blades supply to see below, I can pass them onto my cousin who loves wet shaving when I RIP :shame:

A6-FA201-B-326-B-4-B36-9-D47-92-A566-AE2-CC1.jpg
61-EE02-B7-C39-D-4995-9903-577-C65676487.jpg
Oh my goodness, and you wanna talk to me about stretching blades! Looks like you're planning on living about three times as long as me.:LOL:
It is a very nice collection though. (y)