Gillette Super Thin (Thailand) blades.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just bought some more blades and to get free shipping I needed a few more blades in the order.
So, I bunged in some of these...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gillette-S...681019?hash=item2cdcb9207b:g:JnEAAOSwqFBbudYy
I may have to just throw them out of course, but wondering if any of you have tried them?
Good, bad, maybe?
I'll know soon enough anyway, but curiosity got the better of me, so thought it best to ask here.
If they are a known face shredder I'll put them in the paint scraper box.
Thanks.

I remember reading somewhere that they are "surprisingly good". But I've never tried them.

I remember reading somewhere that they are "surprisingly good". But I've never tried them.

Yes, I've seen a few positive remarks made about them.
I'll know in about a weeks time, and will report back!
I only added them (12 blades) to get free shipping (Yeah it's the Scottish heritage showing through).
Should mention, I'm not buying from that link I posted...I just used that as an example of the blades.

How did you go with these super thins?

My father scored a couple of packs of these super thins and gave them to me to try. My initial thought was that they’re Asia made so probably not as good as the Russian offerings.

First impression was that they are not so sharp and not so smooth. This is compared to my regular blade - Astra green, which I find both sharp and smooth.

After a couple of shaves with the super thins i noticed a few things - the super thin didn’t irritate as much as the Astra; I was getting a better (closer) shave with the super thin, and also I wasn’t getting the occasional nick.

This leaves me a little confused - a duller and rougher razor yielding a better shave?

I think I need to sample more Gillette blades...

OK, I'm done!
In the Picollo the blade feels a tad tuggy.
Certainly didn't feel sharp, and today's shave wasn't as close as the Picollo delivers with a good blade.
Around the chin area I knew as I shaved that the blade is not up to the standard of my other blades.
Still some slight stubble left even after some chasing around and buffing.
The shave's OK (ish), but not stellar.
This blade works in the Mamba so maybe better suited to a mild razor?
I won't buy any more though.
The pricing is way out too.
In NZ $$....
Super Thin...1 blade 66 cents. 30 blades $14.84.
GSB...1 blade 66 cents. 30 blades $13.49.
Nacet...1 blade 53 cents. 30 blades $9.44.
Why would anyone want to buy them when the GSB's and Nacets are so much better and cheaper?
I only tacked them on to an order to get free shipping, and thought they could be worth trying.
Best avoided.

I use these blades when in Thailand as you can pick them in a 6 pack for around 45c each from most larger grocery stores.
For me sharp and smooth. I find them similar to GSB and Permasharps. 3 shaves and they are rubbished.
Used in mild and med aggresive razors
Can be purchased in bulk from Thailand at approx 34c each/120

Last edited: