Gillette Wilkinson Sword DE Blades

only 10 available - 92 sold - eek!

Not sure whether you would even qualify for a Grand Society Banner with those!

I only hope
a. the vendor doesn't subscribe to P&C and changes the ad, and
b. prospective buyers notice the spelling error and give them a wide berth.

I wonder what evil-Bay would do if notified of a potential con? Probably SFA!

Just attempted to alert evil-Bay to this issue and unable to locate an appropriate topic on their menus!! Anyone help?

Last edited:
Well folks, eBay notified of concern. I wonder what action, if any, will be taken.

8:18 AM
eBay item number:401429430194 - Possible scam. a. Incorrect spelling of "product" on razor blade depicted at first image. b. 1,000 Gillette razor blades for $88.55 Australian - unheard of!

Hello, welcome to eBay Australia Live Chat! My name is ...... May I have your full name please?

8:19 AM
Hello. It seems that you want to report this specific item, correct?

8:19 AM
Yes, that is correct. I am concerned it is a scam.

8:20 AM
Thank you for letting us know. Let me double check it for you. Did you already purchase this item?

Most DEFINATELY not!

Okay. Thank you.

8:21 AM
Is this the correct item, Gillette Wilkinson Sword Razor Blades Double Edge Safety Razor Shaving Blade?

8:22 AM
Yes, I believe so.

8:23 AM
I can see this seller information
Seller information auctionz_unlimited (19953 ) 98.7% Positive feedback
So far the seller has a very good positive feedback.
But we can check it for you James.
We can investigate if you think that this item is a scam.

8:24 AM
Maybe so but as a 69 year old with decades of wet-shaving experience, I have never found Gillette blades so cheap

8:24 AM
I understand James. I really appreciate your effort of reporting this item in eBay. If we found out that this item is not legit then there is a big possibility that eBay will remove this listing and we can also make an action for the seller.

8:25 AM
PLUS at the first image,note the incorrect spelling of "product" - prodduct! Gillette QC would NEVER allow that to pass.

8:25 AM
You are correct.
No worries. I will escalate this issue for you and for future buyers in eBay.

8:26 AM
Anyway, it has now been brought to eBay attention.

Thank you so much

Chat session has ended

I personally don't have a problem with the pricing as it is Indian stock.
132 Indian rupee is $2.55 AUD as RRP on the side of the box for 50x units. So in fact for 1000 units you are getting ripped off for the quoted eBay price :LOL:
As for the bad Photoshop of the open blade, it is just that. Rushed job and sloppy cheap work.
I'd purchase them. If no good, eBay or PayPal would easily refund your money. No harm done.
Downside here is you have raised a ticket against them which may lead to it been withdrawn even though legit. Better get in fast guys. :whistle:
Picture below of side information panel (viewable while eBay link is still active)
s-l400.jpg

Edit: just checked Indian sites and all the same boxes and quoted pricing. Seem very legit. Shows we pay too much for shaving hardware in this country.

132 Indian rupee is $2.55 AUD as RRP on the side of the box for 50x units. So in fact for 1000 units you are getting ripped off for the quoted eBay price :LOL:
As for the bad Photoshop of the open blade, it is just that. Rushed job and sloppy cheap work.
I'd purchase them. If no good, eBay or PayPal would easily refund your money. No harm done.
Downside here is you have raised a ticket against them which may lead to it been withdrawn even though legit. Better get in fast guys. :whistle:
Picture below of side information panel (viewable while eBay link is still active)
s-l400.jpg

Edit: just checked Indian sites and all the same boxes and quoted pricing. Seem very legit. Shows we pay too much for shaving hardware in this country.
We pay too much for everything in Australia.and it's only going to get worse as local manufacturing declines further and we become ever more reliant on foreign businesses for everything.

s-l400.jpg

It appears the image of the individual blades states 'A Gillette Product' as opposed to the photo shopped version? I purchased 100 of these blades back in the day via a seller in India and they seemed legit. Too bad they don't work for me as I'd be game giving them a go at that price. Still seems too good to be true :)
s-l1600.jpg