Gimli's Razor Collection

Gimli

Here are some of the razors in my collection. A few of my razors, including the heirloom from my Pop is off getting some TLC from @Substance so I'll put photos up when they come back. May add more photos of others at a later date

Charles Macdaniel. Picked up this beauty from a member over at SRP. 7/8 near wedge scaled and wedged in ivory,
OH3gNk3.jpg

oHvzOxl.jpg

Won this Kropp razor on the bay recently, quite cheap, listed as never used. Quick spin on the stones and now popping hairs very nicely
jjuC82P.jpg

Q76H2ol.jpg

W&B 5/8 hollow grind with square point, scaled in blond horn with black buffalo wedge, 1860-1880
DHcNP3V.jpg

61aNigA.jpg

W&B 5/8 near wedge with barbers notch, scaled in black horn scales and ivory wedge, 1860-1880
IR2krhs.jpg

wxf0rZx.jpg

JA Henckels Friodur 70 1/2. 5/8 hollow Picked this up from a bloke at work. Had it since new, never used but has a small bit of the gold wash missing
0LaceC2.jpg

jxds7Ve.jpg

Wf4aCIy.jpg

Smith & Hawksley, For Barbers Use. 13/16 near wedge with dark horn scales and lead wedge. Got this from @Substance. She is a beauty. Nice and heavy!
HPEmmO5.jpg

vNzi81A.jpg

Heirloom razor from my pop. Scales and blade clean up done by @Substance, very happy with it! Timber is Acacia acuminata, a wattle endemic to WA. One we grow for host tree for our Sandalwood. Dense wood with a sweet smell in the heartwood, which is how it acquired the common name "jam" or "raspberry jam".

Ej2o91G.jpg

tur8bt6.jpg

9PowvSU.jpg

bSCtUoy.jpg

Potosi razor. Bit of history in the last photo, an article from NLA website
GdcfPll.jpg

rGosH9c.jpg

ggeQuh6.jpg

0yihwjk.jpg

VERY nice stuff!