Golf - a good walk spoiled?

Wilkshire13

The Torch Whisperer
I did this to my golf clubs few weeks back. They looked quite bad and at times considered tossing them out but got out some fine steel wool and they honestly scrubbed up nearly as new, I was quite suprised.
A golfer! What clubs do you have and have you got any pics of how they came up? I have some nice looking, but annoying to clean black PVD coated ones :rolleyes:

Last edited:
“to play golf is to spoil an otherwise enjoyable walk.” - https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/28/golf-good-walk/

1251_5442_586_249.jpg

Happy golfing guys!

A golfer! What clubs do you have and have you got any pics of how they came up? I have some nice looking, but annoying to clean black PVD coated ones :rolleyes:

I used to golf quite a bit till I got into a car accident on my bike, which also put the guitar/bouzouki in limbo for a while but 4 operations later I am good now. Took the clubs out a couple weeks back after the clean up to test them out along with the wrist, havnt lost the swing :)

The clubs are 'Top Flight' dont know much more about them except they are middle of the range I reckon.. no worries i'll take some pics and reckon i had some pics somewhere before I started.. will post them here when i get a chance later

Words from a guy who doesn't like (or was shit at) golf :ROFLMAO:

Maddening game. 'Same' swing at different times produced different result, the gentle tap on some occasions produces a dribble, other times it flies with a little smoothness.

Very lonely game too - I'm far away from my colleagues except for tees and greens ...

Can we take a second to appreciate this reason for moving the post to a new thread?
Untitled.png

... my whole reason for existence around here.

“to play golf is to spoil an otherwise enjoyable walk.” - https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/28/golf-good-walk/

1251_5442_586_249.jpg

Happy golfing guys!
Hey he is not wrong. But seriously enjoy if it is what you like it. I personally do think it’s a good walk spolied because I’d rather hike but if it’s what you like why not, good excuse to get outside and it is exercise, so a big plus. Good thing to do with your better half or with friends. I personally think if I could chase you down the fairway with a club it would liven it up a little, more like hurling😅

I recently decided to get back in to it after playing hacing not played for about 4-5 years (have played off and on for the last 20 years or so). Bought some TaylorMade Sim2 Max OS Irons, Sim2 Max Driver, 3 Wood and 3 & 4 Hybrid. Started OK then decided to take lessons and feel like I am starting all over again..... Irons are Stainless Steel so nice and easy to clean.