Good place to buy soap in Melbourne?

Azamazza

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to wet-shaving, just starting out with a DE. I'm trying to find somewhere in Melbourne to buy a good soap--other gear too, but more urgently soap.

Hope this is the right forum.

Cheers,
Az

Welcome to the world of wet shaving, and welcome to Paste & Cut.

Mensbiz is a friend of Paste & Cut, has an excellent range of product in an easy to get to location, it's about 2 minutes walk from Richmond station. Also, the mail order speed is great and also very cheap - Nathan uses AusPost eParcel. I have used it on a couple of occasions and it turns up the 2nd day after it is sent every time.

As for soaps, his range is okay but misses a few I like. But that id down to personal taste. Probably the best premium soap that Nathan sticks is the Trumper's Coconut. If you can stretch yourself to a bowl of that then you would be pretty happy with what you get.

Since you are starting out, I would suggest the Proraso Green Bowl, plus the Speick stick. You will walk away with change for $25, plus a couple of samples for mentioning Paste & Cut.

I would suggest Speick and Tabac too. The scent of Tabac polarises, and calling in is a great way to find out whether you like it or not. If you do, it's a cracking soap.

Thanks for that.

I'll go check Menzbiz out. Great forum by the way. I've been lurking around BB and the Shave Den, but nice to have one closer to home.

Cheers,
Az

Mediterranean Wholesalers 482 Sydney Road Brunswick (near Franco Cozzo) sells Proraso shaving soaps and creams very reasonably priced. Strangely they don't carry AS