Got some great news :)

You'll always remember the day your firstborn comes into the world . Frankly, I can't think of when I've felt more like a man than when I held my daughter for the first time.. Any more than I can forget the hysterical behavior of our "fur babies" later on that day... (really long story - trust me .. )

All jokes aside , congratulations! Welcome to Planet Parenthood !
True that. I'm still proud that my sons first ride in a car home from the hospital was in an xy gt.all the better cause it got me an him away from my relos quickly.

I’m currently sitting in a less than ergonomic chair in the Canberra Hospital while my wife sleeps after a long assisted labour, Our baby boy was delivered early this afternoon to a crowd of medical personnel.
I have had 0 sleep since Monday night but all is right with the world now :)

Three ideas before I forget, two we did, one we didn't -
  • Get family and friends to keep something from today, the date of the child's birth. It doesn't have to be anything exotic or fancy, just everyday but rooted in today. We have train tickets from the days our kids were born, I mean paper train tickets - remember them?
  • Grab your Dad, your Father in Law or both and go to Bunnings together and buy your son a decent hammer (or a knife since that might be more your thing) - useful, will last a lifetime and establishing that inter-generational connection.
  • Lastly, something we didn't do as I only saw this after our kids were older. I've seen a series of photos of a father/son holding hands. The shots were taken on the day the child was born and every birthday since. They were an incredible series as one hand grows from being tiny and weak to being strong and equal and then dominant as the other hand grows more feeble. Wish I'd done that
Just some thoughts :)

@Ferret619
Congratulations, Buddy. All the love in the world to you and your young family.
You have a lot of work ahead of you... But it'll be worth it.

Congratulations Daddy and your in charge of changing your son nappy (y)

Haha rest assured, I’ve seen some stuff now, nappies don’t scare me now

Three ideas before I forget, two we did, one we didn't -
  • Get family and friends to keep something from today, the date of the child's birth. It doesn't have to be anything exotic or fancy, just everyday but rooted in today. We have train tickets from the days our kids were born, I mean paper train tickets - remember them?
  • Grab your Dad, your Father in Law or both and go to Bunnings together and buy your son a decent hammer (or a knife since that might be more your thing) - useful, will last a lifetime and establishing that inter-generational connection.
  • Lastly, something we didn't do as I only saw this after our kids were older. I've seen a series of photos of a father/son holding hands. The shots were taken on the day the child was born and every birthday since. They were an incredible series as one hand grows from being tiny and weak to being strong and equal and then dominant as the other hand grows more feeble. Wish I'd done that
Just some thoughts :)
Great ideas @Mark1966 I’ll be all over the latter :)

I’m currently sitting in a less than ergonomic chair in the Canberra Hospital while my wife sleeps after a long assisted labour, Our baby boy was delivered early this afternoon to a crowd of medical personnel.
I have had 0 sleep since Monday night but all is right with the world now :)
Congrats @Ferret619 :)

Been a while since I updated this thread-
Felix is doing well and has now taken very well to daycare, mums back working part time and all is going smoothly bar an impending move some point this year.

6NgLlaGl.jpg