Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

This a rabbit hole I don't want to go down. I have a Wuben one off amazon which I leave in the car; it's built like a tank. Probably only ever used once to look for something my daughter dropped under the back seat lol.
For me this isn't a rabbit hole. Living here out in the sticks, there's only moonlight if you're lucky, and lots of things to stumble into or trip over, and I can get enough of injuries. And there are frequently jobs that have to be done after dark (fixing pumps, splitting firewood, dealing with flat tyres, the list goes on) so having a torch handy gets to be a way of life.

For me this isn't a rabbit hole. Living here out in the sticks, there's only moonlight if you're lucky, and lots of things to stumble into or trip over, and I can get enough of injuries. And there are frequently jobs that have to be done after dark (fixing pumps, splitting firewood, dealing with flat tyres, the list goes on) so having a torch handy gets to be a way of life.
You're not wrong. The place my wife had in Sulphur Creek when I was living in Sydney, once the sun went down and there was no moonlight, it was total darkness. I was always crashing into walls or furniture if I had to get up in the middle of the night.

If you get sick of the Olight i3t, the Skilhunt E2A is a few mm shorter, a few mm fatter but 3 times brighter with a li-ion 14500, however a little less bright with an alkaline AA
I just ordered another couple of the Eagtac D25AAA torches from Brightnite. Those really are only slightly bigger than an AAA battery, and I like the low-output default, handy if I need to get up in the middle of the night without waking Madame...

2XIJuMG.jpg

This will be the first time I have put a non-Technics cartridge in my SL10, but the prices that the originals are going for now are just insane... Hopefully, it will sound great anyway.

Ahh, the old SL10.
Very innovative linear-tracking technology back in the day.
The super high-end boys jumped on pretty quick.
One of the best systems I ever heard had a front end of an LP12 fitted with an Air Tangent tonearm, with a Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge mounted.
Superb reproduction.

I reckon you'll be good with the AT cartridge - they are reliable and made to high standards.

Ahh, the old SL10.
Very innovative linear-tracking technology back in the day.
The super high-end boys jumped on pretty quick.

Yeah, I'm no hardcore audiophile. I just lucked into one when I was in Hong Kong in 1980. It looks a little worse for wear (some bubbling on the case), but one belt change in all those years is all that it has needed to keep on turning! :)

That's another lovely instrument. I gather you like green pens. ;) Geha isn't a name you see around that much, but it definitely deserves a mention. Not too much though, otherwise we'd have to start paying what they're worth.
Ah the hidden gems, next I'll hear that Rum and Armagnac should replace whisky. Apparently green likes me. To find 2 fantastic pens within a month .... magic.

Hopefully, it will sound great anyway.

Update: it does, in fact, sound great. I played Comfortably Numb on the old stylus, made the switch and queued it up again and while there wasn't a mind blowing difference, the strings sounded more dynamic and the higher notes in Gilmour's solos rang a little more. I then put on Pat Metheney's 80/81 and Jack deJohnette's kit was literally in the room with us. Big vinyl weekend! :D

After years of using either 4/3, or vintage lenses, on my micro 4/3 camera, having to add weight and volume with an adaptor, I got the chance to splurge on a secone-hand mZuiko 12-100 f4 PRO. Finally. It is a hefty lense, and it pretty much weights and measures the same as my usual Zuiko 14-54 II + MMF-3 adaptor (actually, the PRO weights more than the other two combined), but no I have a lovely, native lense, with huge focal range and amazing quality.

Happy as a pig in mud.

On a side note, I am selling some 4/3 gear, the aforementioned 14-54 II, The 50-200 SWD and the EC-20 multiplier. Should any of you be interested, shoot me a PM (although shipping costs from Spain, for the SWD beast, might be a tad pricy).