Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Oh yeah. We have one of these incoming as well...
Looks like miss 4 will soon have a little brother. She's totally psyched.
M6FANO1m.jpg
Just saw this one, congratulations. Yes very expensive week.
Hopefully catching up behind you this year too.

My old cordless driver conked-out on me a few months ago.
I finally got around to replacing it with something a bit beefier and the wife already has a list of chores for me.

KCUr7Rrm.jpg
Nice!
What was a shock to me when my battery drill died ('cause I'd been out of the trade for so long), I didn't realise you couldn't just buy a battery drill, you buy a 'system' w/ drill, driver, angle grinder, circular saw etc. But they do make chores more fun.....

I'm going to have to build some stronger shelves to carry the 23kg fermentation vessels..... The puny glass shelves that come with the fridge were not designed to be used for such a loading.

I foresee a trip to the big green shed in the near future......

hiya paste n cut community.. just thought i would share my latest acquisition i just picked this up today in my lunch break.. This was supposed to be for xmas but no harm in getting an early pressie hey :)

this aint a pic of it cos i just got it but here are some from the manufactures website

@Ferret619 may be interested

she aint a Martin but the craftsmanship in finish is perfect and the sound absolutely amazing and at a fraction of the price. Had absolutely no intention of getting a yammy but thank the lord for the internet.. there were way too many positive replies on yamaha guitars in general, and specifically this model (LL16D - NT).

Awesome abalone work around sound hole and binding, all solid woods including Rosewood back and sides and Engelmann Spruce Top with A.R.E, passive system + SRT Piezo pickup, 5 ply neck, Elixir Strings and included a hard case.

What the hell am i doing at work, just wanna get home and bond :)

32181004528_ea4df97c02_c.jpg

32181006978_e5acc2df66_z.jpg

44236265550_f857dc6066_z.jpg

32181004668_8f794fdceb_z.jpg

32181005778_4469701387_z.jpg

hiya paste n cut community.. just thought i would share my latest acquisition i just picked this up today in my lunch break.. This was supposed to be for xmas but no harm in getting an early pressie hey :)

this aint a pic of it cos i just got it but here are some from the manufactures website

she aint a Martin but the craftsmanship in finish is perfect and the sound absolutely amazing and at a fraction of the price. Had absolutely no intention of getting a yammy but thank the lord for the internet.. there were way too many positive replies on yamaha guitars in general, and specifically this model (LL16D - NT).

Awesome abalone work around sound hole and binding, all solid woods including Rosewood back and sides and Engelmann Spruce Top with A.R.E, passive system + SRT Piezo pickup, 5 ply neck, Elixir Strings and included a hard case.

Very nice-
I’m test to spend much time with a yami but I must say that one is noiiice!

As my favorite guitar duo Rodrigo Y Gabriela both play Yamahas (although other models), they can't be that bad (y)

As my favorite guitar duo Rodrigo Y Gabriela both play Yamahas (although other models), they can't be that bad (y)
I can’t wrap my head around their HUGE range-

And since we are sharing
PtkOrWel.jpg

@alfredus exactly right mate.. Yamaha produce top quality acoustic guitars not to mention electric guitars, pianos, keyboards, drum kits, electronic mixers and even motor bikes. Something about Japanese and quality, even though this model was made in China, they obviously hold their values. Their top acoustics sell for nearly $8K, although mine was nowhere near that :)

@Ferret619 this is my first acoustic mate and i tell ya what, first thing i noticed this is much harder to play than an electric guitar in the way that it is harder to press down which will improve finger strength and dexterity, and you cant hide any mistakes behind an amp. For this to sound good you really need to play clean and sweet. Once i start playing this better it will improve my playing on both my bouzoukia and electrics.

The other thing i noticed, was after playing for a few hours last night, my ear must of got tuned into the acoustic sound (which is sooo sweet). I plugged in all my guitars for comparison and i found i didnt like the distorted amplified sound as i used to.

After what seems like months, yesterday was the day! I think we have settled on Pippa, but might revert back to Annabelle. Chloe is the one near the couch who is 7 and Bella is outside, 11 now. Boy do we have our hands full!
vF8r9Cu.jpg

T3fSRTZl.jpg

Chloe had 2 leg operations last year and before this she was a mad frisbee catcher and ball retriever. She must have thought we hated her when we suddenly stopped playing with her like this, it broke my heart seeing her face when she seen another dog playing at the park. She has arthritis injections every other month and daily walks are slower and shorter.

Got a ball out for Pippa and she reminded me of Chloe as a puppy. So adorable trotting about with a ball in her gob!

Last edited: