Greetings from a Tech afficionado

christophe

Just checking in to the forum for the first time

I'm in my 50s and returned to DE shaving > 3 years ago

I live in Melbourne

My kit currently is as follows:

Gillette Tech DE razor c. 1951 (my late dad's)

Vulfix boar brush

Taylor's sandalwood shave soap (alternating with Floris JF soap)

Taylor's Shave Shop AS (alternating with Malizia Vetyver)

I use Geo F Trumper's Eucris cologne when required

I look forward to comparing notes with you all!

Welcome Christophe, happy to have you here and glad to hear you have found your way back to DE shaving.

Love the Eucris...one of the nicest I have tried.

Welcome mate. Nice to see the Victorian presence on the forum increase a little.

Another welcome!

Sounds like you have everything dialed in just the way you want it - happy shaving!

Welcome!

The Techs are great fun. They seem to go particularly well with a more aggressive blade like a Feather.

What blade(s) do you use with your Tech? If you wanted to try some more, there are plenty of people on here that would happily send you some.

Welcome!

The Techs are great fun. They seem to go particularly well with a more aggressive blade like a Feather.

What blade(s) do you use with your Tech? If you wanted to try some more, there are plenty of people on here that would happily send you some.

I've currently got Wilkinson Sword in (just bought 100 pack) but have also used Personna Red and Derby

Welcome Christophe, happy to have you here and glad to hear you have found your way back to DE shaving.

Love the Eucris...one of the nicest I have tried.

I heard on the grapevine that another English firm Floris are changing their packaging and are having a 50% off sale of old stock including their famous No. 89 eau de toilette

But I looked into it and found out that even with discount it would cost $88 all up to get some sent here due to the shipping surcharge for alcohol-based products

That's beyond the pale for me!

I heard on the grapevine that another English firm Floris are changing their packaging and are having a 50% off sale of old stock including their famous No. 89 eau de toilette

But I looked into it and found out that even with discount it would cost $88 all up to get some sent here due to the shipping surcharge for alcohol-based products

That's beyond the pale for me!

LOL - that is not their shipping surcharge which only applies to a few countries listed here. 60 quid is there NORMAL shipping charge:

'Rest Of The World excluding USA and Canada: £60. Delivery should be made within 10-15 working days.
We are able to send to the following countries:
Australia, Bahrain, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brunei, People's Republic of China, Egypt, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates.'

WOW, just WOW.

Hmmm, I wonder if my UK post box service would still on-ship????

Mind you $88 is still better than $168 locally!

LOL - that is not their shipping surcharge which only applies to a few countries listed here. 60 quid is there NORMAL shipping charge:

'Rest Of The World excluding USA and Canada: £60. Delivery should be made within 10-15 working days.
We are able to send to the following countries:
Australia, Bahrain, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brunei, People's Republic of China, Egypt, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates.'

WOW, just WOW.

Hmmm, I wonder if my UK post box service would still on-ship????

Mind you $88 is still better than $168 locally!

Down here we certainly pay well over the odds for.....well, just about everything!

I bought Floris JF shave soap from Henry Bucks store (Melb) at their sale a few months back and it still cost $55!

It's great stuff but...geez

Down here we certainly pay well over the odds for.....well, just about everything!

I bought Floris JF shave soap from Henry Bucks store (Melb) at their sale a few months back and it still cost $55!

It's great stuff but...geez

Well soap should have no problem with postage!

@Christophe....If you want to try some different blades, I've got a few. PM me with your address if you're interested.

Welcome!!
Greetings from the antipodes (Spain)!!:cheesy:
I used a Malizia Vetyver bath soap and I really enjoyed it!:love: