Greetings from Philly. PA

A trout fisherman - very impressive. I'm not myself but it takes some commitment and skill I believe.

Sydney and Melbourne are both great cities in differnet ways and we do try to make visitors welcome - even Yanks! (that is Aussie humour BTW)

Yep, we don't have the number of members or sponsors that the larger boards have and the costs come out of the pocket of our founder, so to minimise costs a decision was made not to host images here. Sorry :(
I’m an older guy and didn’t grow up with all this computer stuff. I’ll be zooming with my grandson to help me with the photo posting.

Welcome Jgreenepa.

a Schick Krona until it gave up the ghost a few years ago. I bought that that Krona in the PX and shaved with it through 13 months of southeast Asian unpleasantness in ‘68-69.

Out of interest, was there any way for the Krona to be repaired? I'm assuming it would hold far too much sentimental value to throw it out.

Welcome Jgreenepa.

Out of interest, was there any way for the Krona to be repaired? I'm assuming it would hold far too much sentimental value to throw it out.
To be quite honest, I tossed it. I have three Krona backups, but honestly, I had no sentimental value.

VERY Nice :)
Thanks, Mark! I’ve been shaving with my Gillette’Big Fellow’ for the last three days. Mine dates to 1920. They were made from 1919-1931. It basically is a Gillette Old Type on steroids. Here are some pics of the Big Fellow compared to its predecessor, the Gillette Old Type:
[URL=http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/statman2/media/A973B69B-A2FD-4809-A7D3-03FA104D5F9A_zpsyhdgfubk.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/statman2/media/4F6A2710-FD61-4F3F-AB09-7FCA223F4A29_zpsxcm0nbhf.jpg.html][/URL]

I’m 73 and a long time wet shaver who spent 50+ years single pass shaving with Barbasol and a Schick Krona until it gave up the ghost a few years ago. I bought that that Krona in the PX and shaved with it through 13 months of southeast Asian unpleasantness in ‘68-69.

I discovered from my oldest son, that what I’d been doing is called wet shaving! He introduced me to a number of US shave forums some years ago, and I’ve been hanging out and working on my shave technique in the forums ever since! I was doing some research on the LaResche 77, one of my favorite safety razors, and you guys popped up with some great info.

i can’t shave with straights or shavettes because of Parkinson’s, but I enjoy reading about others’ adventures in that area. After joining B&B and TSD I developed a bad case of RAD and started accumulating safety razors. I own some YAQI products, but am interested in what you guys are up to. I’m married, retired. a grandfather, and soon to be great-grandfather So that’s pretty much all I have to say by way of introduction.
Welcome @Jgreenepa