Greetings from Sydney

Mouette

Hi
My name is Andrew and I am currently living in Sydney. Just started shaving again after having to remove a beard of several years.

I have always been interested in wet shaving, having a few DE razors that I have accumulated over the years but never really used. Now that I am back shaving again, I dug up all my bits and pieces and sort of fell down the rabbit hole. Currently using my Dad's old 7 O'clock plus an English Gillette Rocket TTO and have just bought a Merkur 34C which I really like - although it's really mild.

In just a few weeks, I have already bought four different soaps, after shave cream, an alum block plus a vintage Old Spice Shaving bowl. It's really fun and am enjoying the journey.

I also have an old Bengall Imperial straight razor that doesn't look to be in too bad a condition - needs a good clean up and polish, not to mention honing. However, honing etc is probably beyond my skill level and not sure where I can get it done in NSW if at all.

A straight razor is also a big step up from a DE but after watching a few Youtube videos, I feel that it's quite do-able.

Cheers
Andrew

G'day Andrew... We're so glad to have another Sydney (NSW) wet shaver, welcome to P&C :smug::smuggrin:

giphy.gif

Welcome to P&C @Mouette - great to have you here (y)

Greetings and welcome @Mouette !

Sounds like you are off to a good start, some classic VINTAGE razors there - so obviously a man of good taste.

Honing? I wouldn't know where to start - but Dion does - https://www.dcblades.com/.

Welcome to the edge of the rabbit hole @Mouette
Very nice selection of razors. Don't be too afraid of the straights. But do get it honed buy someone in the know or it will not be a pleasurable experience.