Hand grinder recommendations

chingy17

Hi P&C

My tastebuds have recently acquired a liking to coffee. In particular strong flavourful brews. I've been using the ground coffee from Gumption for a little while now in my plunger. I've been looking for a small coffee grinder, as I've heard the difference between ground and freshly ground coffee is apparent.

I don't really want a large electrical grinder, I don't have the space or the budget for that. I'm more inclined towards a smaller manual grinder - just enough to grind a days worth.

I'm hoping to hear from your experiences with grinding coffee and any suggestions you may have for coffee beans or grinders :)

Chingy

Reminds me of the immortal words of Homer Simpson:

"To make grilled food taste terrific, my secret ingredient is beer: Add 72 ounces to stomach, then cook. I also find that a half pound of meat really wakes up a veggie burger."

Sorry I can't help with the grinder...

Reminds me of the immortal words of Homer Simpson:
"To make grilled food taste terrific, my secret ingredient is beer: Add 72 ounces to stomach, then cook. I also find that a half pound of meat really wakes up a veggie burger."
Sorry I can't help with the grinder...

How do I LIKE a post more than once!?

I'll be in that Arnold!

Hi P&C

I don't really want a large electrical grinder, I don't have the space or the budget for that. I'm more inclined towards a smaller manual grinder - just enough to grind a days worth.

I'm hoping to hear from your experiences with grinding coffee and any suggestions you may have for coffee beans or grinders :)
Chingy

I was in the exact same boat - I didn't want anymore coffee equipment taking-up more table space. I've been using a Hario Slim (aka Hario Mini). Works brilliantly. Real ceramic internals, which actually grind, rather than chop. It gives good consistent grinds, which is also adjustable. Only takes less than 30 seconds to grind yourself a single-cup, so its really efficient. You'll find heaps of video demo's if you do a search on "Hario Coffee grinder" in YouTube.

Bought mine for about $48 three years ago, but seems like they might have gone up a bit. There was only one place in Aus back then who sold them - "Sensory Lab", based in Little Collins St, Melbourne. I believe they are the distributor for Hario products, so you could always call them for a quote or find-out who the stockists are in your local area.