Happy Australia Day chaps

No BBQ for me. I have the MIL over from Malaysia, and they are insisting I cook Chinese food for them (they are ethnic Chinese). MIL is a fantastic cook so the pressure has been on.
So far the Mapo tofu was a little bit too spicy, but the kung pao chicken tonight was just right.

The other food I have cooked so far has been Thai (no green or red curries) or Indian so I get a bit of leeway with them.

No BBQ for me. I have the MIL over from Malaysia, and they are insisting I cook Chinese food for them (they are ethnic Chinese). MIL is a fantastic cook so the pressure has been on.
So far the Mapo tofu was a little bit too spicy, but the kung pao chicken tonight was just right.

The other food I have cooked so far has been Thai (no green or red curries) or Indian so I get a bit of leeway with them.

And there was a previous request to come to my place for a BBQ??? The fare at your house @eggbert sounds far, far better to me (and culturally enriching to boot).

Flew back from MEL after watching the AusOpen on Sunday for my wife's birthday.

Had meat pies and lamingtons in the QF lounge in MEL for lunch on the way home and a rib-eye roast that had been marinating since Saturday for dinner - is that OK?

BBQ will be fired up tomorrow night.
My turn to make a special request - MIL's proper Malaysian sate. No peanut sauce here, just a mixture of spices, a hint of sugar, and marinade for 24 hours.

We generally tend to think of satay (sate) as being lightly spiced with peanut sauce, but there are so many different varieties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satay