Has Anyone Tried "The Body Shop" Maca Root Soap?

Bucephalus

So guys, there I was in a huge "visual eye-candy arcade" (aka Westfield) awaiting SWMBO. Bored crapless and dazed, I found myself in "The Body Shop". The young lady serving asked "Are you right?" to which I replied "No, I believe he's outside. I'm Smith with two "effs". THAT attempt at humour went over like a fart in a spacesuit :confused: .
Anyway, I asked about shaving soap and she demonstrated their own brand, which I must say, impressed me. A damp brush and a couple of light swirls in the soap applied to the back of damp hand produced a nice rich lather, it contains no tallow and apparently no perfume. From memory, $19 is the price and using only a couple of lights swirls, a tub would last quite a while.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried this product.

First of all let me say: I never thought about farting in a space suit before - FANTASTIC (y)

One of my first proper creams/soaps back in the day. I can't attest to the quality of the lather, since back then I was an absolute novice, but from memory the ingredients list is not a clean as they want to make you believe...and that's why I gave it away

Ditto what @alfredus said - that was where I started and it got me going OK - but I'm not sure I would go back and use it. Too many GREAT soaps ....

Usable is what I would describe it as.
Not top shelf, yet better than Colworths range!
They usually can provide a small sample if you ask as well.

What NEVER? The one thing which has always bothered me about space travel! "Star Trek", "Star Wars", etc; do not
address the important issue of flammable methane gas :sneaky: :whistle: :whistle: .

Hmm, I thought the "Contents" list was minimal. "Shaver Shop" in the same centre saw me purchase 2 x Steptic sticks, 1 x Alum block, and 1 x Proraso After Shave Balm. I've got 2 x 100 gram Boots Shave Bowls coming from my sister in the U.K. to trial at £6.50 ($12 approx) plus postage.

In space, nobody can hear you scream fart

What NEVER? The one thing which has always bothered me about space travel! "Star Trek", "Star Wars", etc; do not
address the important issue of flammable methane gas :sneaky: :whistle: :whistle: .

Hmm, I thought the "Contents" list was minimal. "Shaver Shop" in the same centre saw me purchase 2 x Steptic sticks, 1 x Alum block, and 1 x Proraso After Shave Balm. I've got 2 x 100 gram Boots Shave Bowls coming from my sister in the U.K. to trial at £6.50 ($12 approx) plus postage.

The boots soap is not bad. I've got a few in my stash along with some sticks.

@Becephalus, soap or cream? Didn't see soap there, but I like their cream. Using it in my soap/cream rotation. And their maca root balm is quite good as well. Absolutely see no problems with this cream. Ingredient list seems to be fine comparing to many other creams like TOBS etc.

Woops, mea culpa! Of course I meant "Body Shop Shave Cream". On the first video, the Contents are listed, but they were not so comprehensive on the tub - limited space probably.
When it's off-pension fortnight and I need a tub of whatever, this might get a run.. It's got to be worth a try, even for just the tub.

So guys, there I was in a huge "visual eye-candy arcade" (aka Westfield) awaiting SWMBO. Bored crapless and dazed, I found myself in "The Body Shop". The young lady serving asked "Are you right?" to which I replied "No, I believe he's outside. I'm Smith with two "effs". THAT attempt at humour went over like a fart in a spacesuit :confused: .
Anyway, I asked about shaving soap and she demonstrated their own brand, which I must say, impressed me. A damp brush and a couple of light swirls in the soap applied to the back of damp hand produced a nice rich lather, it contains no tallow and apparently no perfume. From memory, $19 is the price and using only a couple of lights swirls, a tub would last quite a while.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried this product.
Yes, I have a tub and use it occasionally. I rather like it.