Having fun with the Timeless and a Kai

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I have tried a few different blades in the Timeless .68 OC, and found that it seems quite happy with any blade.
It seems to allow the blades to last a tad longer too (compared to say my Picollo or NEW SC) and is probably because the blade is clamped so securely (maybe?).
I have used Feathers in the Timeless, and they are fine together too, but as usual I find that the Feathers die quick.
Lately I thought to be more daring and bunged in a Kai blade.
Wow, love it...slightly 'prickly' sharpness for the start but smooths out mid shave. Been a week now and the same blade is going well.
Nice close, clean shaves still.
The Kai blades are about the same price as Feathers (Razorbladesclub), so I'm fairly sure my next order will be 100-200 Kais.
Just bought 100 Personna Lab Blues (thanks to @StratMan for the advice), and find them a great blade too.
Re the Timeless...I found the .95 OC too much for every day shaving, but the .68 OC just a 'whisker' too mild. I'd like a .84 OC plate for it and that would be absolute perfection for me.
Just have to convince Timeless to make an .84 plate option...or would a .95 scalloped (or SB) base provide what I want? Sort of 'in between' compared to the OC .95 and the OC .68?

hey @Blackie i wish i bought your 0.95 OC plate, i could of provided you a definite evaluation of both. I can tell you something though, when i first started using the 0.95 SB i even found that to much for a daily, leaving me with mild razor burn.. which is why i didnt jump on your OC

but i persisted and got the 'touch' right, now it shaves as a daily no problem, super close and smooth zero irritation.

glad you liked the personas, nice smooth blade but my go to no are the polsilvers.. might have to try the kais also, have heard good things about those blades

I have the 0.68 SB and 0.95 SB TI. Being a lighter razor, I find the 0.68 SB tolerates a very mild amount of controlled pressure and has a narrower angle to find the sweet spot. Once you do, it is the best shave - smooth, efficient. I found Feathers to be a tad harsh and sharp, with the occasional weeper if I buff. Don't have Kai and waiting on Polsilvers ... Astra's - the green - however, provide a very nice smooth shave in both the Rockwell 6S and Timeless. They're cheap and easily available (I bought them on B&B in Australia).

Used the 0.95 SB to mow down 4 day old growth and it did admirably. But still found myself switching to the gentler 0.68 for the ATG and finishing.

Astra's being so cheap and not so stainless - I throw them out after one shave... But usually if I persist, they're good for 3.

I have the 0.68 SB and 0.95 SB TI. Being a lighter razor, I find the 0.68 SB tolerates a very mild amount of controlled pressure and has a narrower angle to find the sweet spot. Once you do, it is the best shave - smooth, efficient. I found Feathers to be a tad harsh and sharp, with the occasional weeper if I buff. Don't have Kai and waiting on Polsilvers ... Astra's - the green - however, provide a very nice smooth shave in both the Rockwell 6S and Timeless. They're cheap and easily available (I bought them on B&B in Australia).

Used the 0.95 SB to mow down 4 day old growth and it did admirably. But still found myself switching to the gentler 0.68 for the ATG and finishing.

Astra's being so cheap and not so stainless - I throw them out after one shave... But usually if I persist, they're good for 3.

+1 on the Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge.

righto.. i have a couple packs of astra sp i got in a sample pack, never used them cos i heard they were rough

I have tried so many razor blades now and for me Feather and Astra's are my go-to blades. Like all things wet shaving, YMMV.

I have tried so many razor blades now and for me Feather and Astra's are my go-to blades. Like all things wet shaving, YMMV.

absolutely nico, thing is though i havnt tried them yet just cos my mate has put them down.. might give it a crack next week and find out for myself

I seemed to like the Astra greens i was using about a year ago. I really am enjoying the current Polsilvers though.

hey @Blackie i mentioned this in another thread but the razor you seek may be coming soon.. its a SS Edwin Jagger.. Full stainless steel if you get the knurling handle one

From what i have seen on a youtube review it is a super smooth razor with no blade feel but with efficiency a half notch under the timeless 0.95

Might be right up your alley...

righto.. i have a couple packs of astra sp i got in a sample pack, never used them cos i heard they were rough

Astra's are anything but rough. They're smoother than feathers ; although not quite as sharp (is anything as sharp as feather?)

They are a thicker blade, with less flexibility and the wrapping isn't as nice. Mostly all cosmetic as once it's clamped tight by your razor, they are what they are. Cheap as chips too.

Astra's are anything but rough. They're smoother than feathers ; although not quite as sharp (is anything as sharp as feather?)

They are a thicker blade, with less flexibility and the wrapping isn't as nice. Mostly all cosmetic as once it's clamped tight by your razor, they are what they are. Cheap as chips too.
You should give the Vintage Spoilers a spin or Gillette Stainless (Red & White) and the Gillette Nacet

Loaded a feather today into the 0.68 Ti straight bar timeless with APR fourgere trois. Must say the APR is a whole new level on Prosaro. Smoother, cushions better and all round a superior soap.

The feather shaved close. It feels sharper than the Astra. BBS on WTG and two XTG passes on the sides of the face. Small nick going ATG under the neck/chin. The Astra was smoother. The feather makes you concentrate on technique more. And felt closer, also handled the XTG and ATG bettter - cut rather than drag or skip.

I find the 0.68 shaves a little closer if you go just a tad steeper from when it starts cutting.

A much better shave than the Rockwell 6S R3 plate.

Have Polsilvers coming so will hold off experimenting more with blades till the. Wouldn’t mind trying Kai.

Don’t know if it’s me, but I do notice the blade not being as sharp (not a bad thing with a feather) with the 2nd or third shave and tend to throw them out after 3 or 4.

Good morning @Kevy
I can say a Feather blade loaded in my Timeless S/S 0.68, using an artisan soap is pure bliss. As for blade use, I can only get 2-3 shaves with the Feather and maybe 3-4 with Astras. YMMV.

Cheers
N