Hello All.

Anakist

Hi Everyone,

Finally saying hello. I joined ages ago from the OCAu thread but haven't been here much.

I am amassing a small collection of goodies, a Feather butterfly, a Merkur slantbar, a vintage Gilette of some sort, as well as a Dovo Shavette straight, and an unknown badger, an unknown Target, and a "Raccoon Dog" brush from Japan. I also have a set of hones that I will be teaching myself to use on my cheap kitchen knives, before moving onto my nice hand made carbon steel Nakiri from Japan and eventually straight razors.

Currently favouring either the Personna Red or Feather blades, but waiting to hear back from Razormonsta about samples.

James

Hi James, welcome aboard.

How are you finding the Feather blades? Any slices?

Thanks guys.

I quite like the feathers. Sharp enough to use only feather light pressure and still cut the hair off. I seem to have quite tough hair and the feathers cut some of the ugly swirly patches on my neck with and across the grain. Most others I have to do a final ATG pass and that is where I get irritation. I don't seem to slice myself any more. Irritation and shave rash has become my yardstick. Only seem to be getting 3 shaves out of a feather before it starts to hurt. I am sure I got 4 or 5 from the Personna Reds.

Put one in the Dovo Shavette last night. Great shave! But reminded me that straights (even the "baby straight") need to be used regularly to keep your eye in. Only one cut, I accidentally hit one of the swirls ATG and it bit in, but a couple of scary moments while I tried to remember how I hold the razor and my hand to go XTG.

James