Hello from...Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

joamo

I'm a long ways away from most of you, I do have a friend in Perth who sends me nice care packages of Australian and German shave products though.
When I heard about the group, I had to join up and see what opinions and reviews gentlemen on your side of the world shared about wet shaving.
A bit about me, I'm 54, work in product engineering for a large manufacturer and really enjoy my shaves. I use DE, SE, Shavettes or straights as the mood strikes.
I collect straights and barber supplies with my hometown stamped on them. My wife enables a lot of my collecting, but if she knew the full extent of my expenditures would probably rethink that stance.
Thanks for having me!

welcome @joamo. you will find we are a very laid back bunch of aussies :)

What are your favourite soaps/creams and brushes?

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Haslinger and Stirling for soaps, Nivea a friend sent from Germany and your own Fauldings Shave for creams.
I have a fair collection of brushes, vintage, badger, boar and horse. I'm really enjoying a HIS synthetic and have a Wolf Whisker custom that is quite dear to me as well. I'll post about that another time.

Admin edit: merged & fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @joamo and welcome to our neck of the woods. Always great to have someone from the other side of the ocean to give us a different perspective.

Many U.S. based artisan soaps, brushes and razors have found their way to our shores and are enjoyed immensely. I just purchased a custom Wolf Whiskers brush for my son. Peter is a great guy to deal with.

Australia has a number of small but first class shaving soap makers like Shaver Heaven and Occams. They are available from some online retailers in the U.S.

Looking forward to reading your experiences and shaves of the day.

Hey Joamo, welcome to these parts. Being in the US and having access to many artisan producers locally, most of us here will be a little jealous. It's rather hard to get any of the alcohol-based AS and splashes due to shipping restrictions.

I will echo what LaP said above, definitely try your hand at the Shaver Heaven & Occams products from our shores. Both excellent quality.

Don't be afraid to try something from your local artisan producers too. One of our favourites here is Barrister & Mann, but you also have Caties Bubbles, Razorock, Cold River Soapworks, and a heap others now that will feel offended because I didn't mention them.

Last edited:
Who is this mysterious 'Friend in Perth'? Is he already a P&C member?
If so, who?
If not, why?
...and get him on here mate!

Meanwhile, welcome to the best darn shaving site on the interwebs

Welcome fellow shaving brother!

I collect straights and barber supplies with my hometown stamped on them.
I'm intrigued by this: is your hometown in the States or in Germany?

If it's Solingen then there is a LOT for you to collect!!!

We'd love to see some pictures* of your collection. Sounds like you have a "few" items. [emoji6]

Who is this mysterious 'Friend in Perth'? Is he already a P&C member?
If so, who?
If not, why?
...and get him on here mate!

Meanwhile, welcome to the best darn shaving site on the interwebs

She has no interest in gourmet shaving:LOL: she does like to humor me though. Last year, on her annual trip to Germany, she managed to find an NOS stick of Sir Irisch Moos ....for 6 euro(y)

Welcome fellow shaving brother!

I'm intrigued by this: is your hometown in the States or in Germany?

If it's Solingen then there is a LOT for you to collect!!!

We'd love to see some pictures* of your collection. Sounds like you have a "few" items. [emoji6]

* Photos need to be uploaded to a 3rd party website (Flickr, Photobucket, Dropbox, Imgur, et ) and then linked here.

It is in the states. There were several distributors, one was a Norwegian consul and another was a self proclaimed king working out of a P.O. box.
I've been planning to sort out and catalog the collection, so I'll post pics then.

Admin Edit: Merged - please use the multiquote feature (+Quote link) on each post, then hit reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been planning to sort out and catalog the collection, so I'll post pics then.
Hmmmm... Catalogue. Seems you have -errrr- a few shaving items...!?!

She has no interest in gourmet shaving:LOL: she does like to humor me though. Last year, on her annual trip to Germany, she managed to find an NOS stick of Sir Irisch Moos ....for 6 euro(y)

Is she married? If not, why not?

Plenty of interest in a woman who buys shaving gear to gift to men around here I would imagine. @borked is single....... :sneaky:

Is she married? If not, why not?

Plenty of interest in a woman who buys shaving gear to gift to men around here I would imagine. @borked is single....... :sneaky:

C'mon @Monsta_AU , let's not go turning this site into Ashley Madison. I mean not that I have anything to hide, but if you pique the ire of them hackers some of my...I mean 'our'...posts would be all over the interwebs. I feel safe here in our little onion ring.

Greetings OP.
You may find @Mark1966 hws a collection of interest.

[Belated] Greetings from Down Under mate!

I'm with you on the 'hometown' type theme - just wish that others would honour this and stop buying Aussie shaving kit and shipping it off to the US - you have enough stuff available locally!

Hope you enjoy wandering around these parts.

Hi Joama,and welcome,
What Nivea are you talking a out,I have some sensitive shave cream,via Amazon and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.