Hello from Texas

mtpedals

Howdy, to you all. My name is Mark (mtpedals) and I was recently introduced to this fine forum through your excellent razor review section. What a superb resource I’ve found it to be and would like to become more connected with my fellow traditional shaving hobbyist in Australia.

I’ve been traditional wet shaving for a bit over 6 years now. Been fairly deep into our hobby for most of that time and bought/sold/PIF’d many items over this time. I love variety, especially in software and razors, therefore I try to use a different set up most days (I am indeed a daily shaver).

Professionally, I was a career US Air Force aviator who retired after 20 years in 2006. I’m now in the business world operating out of the Texas Panhandle.

Happy to make your acquaintance and answer any questions you have.

Take care, Mark

Howdy, to you all. My name is Mark (mtpedals) and I was recently introduced to this fine forum through your excellent razor review section. What a superb resource I’ve found it to be and would like to become more connected with my fellow traditional shaving hobbyist in Australia.

I’ve been traditional wet shaving for a bit over 6 years now. Been fairly deep into our hobby for most of that time and bought/sold/PIF’d many items over this time. I love variety, especially in software and razors, therefore I try to use a different set up most days (I am indeed a daily shaver).

Professionally, I was a career US Air Force aviator who retired after 20 years in 2006. I’m now in the business world operating out of the Texas Panhandle.

Happy to make your acquaintance and answer any questions you have.

Take care, Mark
Welcome to P&C @mtpedals!
Hope we can continue our conversations from TSC ;)

giphy.gif

Welcome to P&C @mtpedals

Welcome @mtpedals My ears pricked when I saw the Texas I’m originally from Texas - Australia

Ive been to Texas, does that count @mtpedals ?

First real BBQ in San Antonio. Was absolutely life changing!

Ive been to Texas, does that count @mtpedals ?

First real BBQ in San Antonio. Was absolutely life changing!
San Antonio is a wonderful city. That’s where we lived when I retired from the AF in 2006. Stayed there a total of 15 years before moving to Amarillo in the TX Panhandle. Better BBQ here in Amarillo...best Mexican food is in San Antonio!

San Antonio is a wonderful city. That’s where we lived when I retired from the AF in 2006. Stayed there a total of 15 years before moving to Amarillo in the TX Panhandle. Better BBQ here in Amarillo...best Mexican food is in San Antonio!

I will take your word for it - have to pay a visit to Amarillo then sometime!

This was where I first had BBQ - http://twobrosbbqmarket.com/about-two-bros-bbq-market/

That’s certainly one of the best in TX so you were steered correctly. Two Brothers was close to our home so was fortunate to visit there often. You are always welcome in Amarillo.

Yes I was at a conference with a mate who is VERY into BBQ and had done his research :)

They were very generous and hospitable, accommodating his requests to look at the smokers and take photos and answer questions.