Hello from the Sunshine Coast

JasonC

The Soap Spreadsheet King
Relative newbie here. I started DE shaving about 2 months ago after 27yrs of electric shaving. Instantly I was hooked. I’m a daily shaver and I have been loving experimenting with new blades and improving my shaving and lathering techniques.

Building a long Wishlist of razors, brushes, soaps and blades and I’m sure that list will grow with new suggestions from members here.

Current razor is a Beard & Blade Classic and it has been great to start with but have my eye on either a Razorock Gamechanger or Rockwell 6S/C as an upgrade.

Blade wise I’ve tried about a dozen and my current faves are Voshkods and Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge (yellows). I’ve found I can easily get 7 super smooth and close shaves with both of these blades. Next on my blades to try list are Rapira Platinum Lux, Gillette Silver Blues and Polsilvers.

The only brush I have is a Beard & Blade 22mm synthetic. As with the razor, this brush has performed flawlessly, but I don’t have anything to compare it to. I‘ve got a couple of new brushes on order so looking forward to trying them when they arrive. I got a Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Synthetic and a DS Cosmetic Galaxy 24mm Silvertip Badger.

I haven’t tried too many soaps/creams yet, so really looking forward to trying out some quality Artisans over the next few months. So far I‘ve only got Proraso White soap, Proraso Red cream, Italian Barber Fresco Verde soap and the super cheap, but surprisingly good Gillette Pure Cream. I watched a YT review by Chris from Another Cut Above praising this cream, so thought I‘d give it a go. I wasn’t expecting much as I got it for under $5 for 177ml, but it out performs both of the Proraso’s and Italian Barber soap that I have.

Soap Wishlist is long atm with multiple entries from APR, Barrister & Mann, A&E, Phoenix Accoutrements, Phoenix & Beau, Whispers From the Woods, Noble Otter, Stirling, Razorock, Fine, etc, etc....

Ironically one of the attractions to starting wet shaving was that it was supposed to be cost effective 🤔. I could never have imagined that shaving would become a hobby and something that I look so forward to each morning, but enjoying the ride 😎.

Good evening, @JasonC and welcome to P&C. Sounds like you've made a good start already. Your bucket lists are pretty comprehensive, and you'll find your soap preferences may evolve as you get a feel for the manufacturers' taste in scents. All of those you list perform great, and you won't be disappointed with either of those razor choices.

Enjoy 😊

G'day @JasonC welcome to P&C, another bloody Queenslander.

LNgfOk7.gif

Welcome to P&C @JasonC - great to have you here (y)

Hi @JasonC - have your cash ready as the Charity Auction starts in just over a week. It has things that you will want, trust me.

Make sure you’re wife doesn’t bashed you with her kitchen rolling pin, if, she doesn’t find out where’s the money spent towards your wet shaving gear collection.
Haha... This is a possibility😲.
I made an order of some Stirling soaps from Artisan Arcade on Sunday thinking "that should do me for a while"... but then @Gargravarr made me an offer I couldn't refuse yesterday and I had no choice but to relieve him of a tub of A&E Asian Plum. That should do me for a while 🤔😜

Haha... This is a possibility😲.
I made an order of some Stirling soaps from Artisan Arcade on Sunday thinking "that should do me for a while"... but then @Gargravarr made me an offer I couldn't refuse yesterday and I had no choice but to relieve him of a tub of A&E Asian Plum. That should do me for a while 🤔😜
You’ll loved Asian Plum, if, you’ve got a sweet tooth. You’ll never stopped sucking on a sexy lollipop :ROFLMAO: should keep you busy for ages like a five year old child.

As a matter of interest, which Stirlings did you go for? There are so many...
So true, I actually had to get a pen and paper and go through a process of elimination to make my final selections. I've now got over a dozen saved in my wishlist on the AA website for future orders.

I got a tub of Executive Man and samples of...
Margaritas in the Arctic
Orange Chill
Ramblin' Man
Weekend in Malibu
Stirling Spice