Hello from the USA

Deus Vult

Hey everyone, I’m a new member from the United States but I hope you’re all safe and well even though I’ve read about the fires that have been hitting you pretty hard.

I got into wet shaving about 3 years ago when a buddy bought a bunch of vintage razors for super cheap at an estate sale and we decided to try and use them out just for fun. As this hobby is wont to do, things spun wildly out of control from there, haha.

I shave primarily with DE razors but also have SE’s that I use from time to time. I’ve really gotten into extremely aggressive and efficient razors and that trend seems to have only continued.

My current favorite hardware and software are:
Razors - Wolfman WR1 .94 SB OC SS, WR2 1.55 SB Ti, and Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB.
Brush - Mozingo Brushworks ZT1 28mm and ZT2 26mm
Soap - Grooming Dept Aion and Dragonsbeard Shave Soap (made by Oleo)
Blade - Polsilver

I look forward to interacting and sharing with all of you!

Welcome to P&C @Deus Vult !

Certainly some nice kit you have there as others have said :)

Appreciate your concerns about the fires, although near where I live it has been smoke fires, hail and storms and in some parts of the country even floods. Our bush fire brigades still have a sense of humour though -

75p6Ovll.png

Welcome to P&C @Deus Vult !

Certainly some nice kit you have there as others have said :)

Appreciate your concerns about the fires, although near where I live it has been smoke fires, hail and storms and in some parts of the country even floods. Our bush fire brigades still have a sense of humour though -

75p6Ovll.png

Wow, that’s some extreme weather indeed! Glad you’re doing ok.
Haha, I’m totally saving that picture.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

Welcome to P&C @Deus Vult - great to have you here and some nice gear you have (y)

Welcome @Deus Vult
Quality kit, the first I have heard of Mozingo Brushworks nice looking brushes and must be popular because according to the site they are all Sold Out.
As exlusive as the Wolfman razors :)

Welcome to P&C @Deus Vult - great to have you here and some nice gear you have (y)

Pleasure! Thanks so much, I worked hard to catch the Wolfman drops but I’m glad he’s got an order form now so that everyone who’s willing to drop the coin can get on the list.

Welcome! :cool:

But you seem to be vintage deficient. :oops:

I'm one of them 'Mericans too.

Haha, sorry I just didn’t mention them but I love the vintage stuff too. I always keep a Fatboy dialed at 9 with a fresh blade at the ready in case I need a touch up on something I missed.

I’ve got one Gillette Toggle that shaves superbly, Fatboys, Slims, Black Beauty, Super Speeds, Schick Krona, a bunch of old Gem razors, and a bunch of other stuff I’ve picked up at thrift stores when I can catch them at a deal.

Thanks for the welcome my fellow Yank ;)

welcome @Deus Vult

some nice and very efficient razors you got there. You tried shimming your WR2 1.55 SB?

I haven’t but I should! I’ll let ya know.

Welcome @Deus Vult
Quality kit, the first I have heard of Mozingo Brushworks nice looking brushes and must be popular because according to the site they are all Sold Out.
As exlusive as the Wolfman razors :)

He does offer knotting services as well if you want to send him a handle and he’ll stick a hand tied knot in it for you. He also does custom work so you can send him an email and inquire about that if you’re interested. I can’t say enough good things about Brett and his work. His knots are my absolute favorite wall of badger.

I've also heard great things about a guy named Srdjan in Australia who hand ties some spectacular knots. I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried them.

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

I've also heard great things about a guy named Srdjan in Australia who hand ties some spectacular knots. I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried them.

Huh?

Who?

Never heard of him - now very curious!

@alfredus - heard of him?

Anyone?

Oh that’s great to hear that Srdjan is on here.

I purchased a copper Outlaw handle from Alpha Shaving and had it sent to Srdjan for knotting. Steve, the proprietor if Alpha Shaving, is a super cool dude as well.

Hopefully I’ll have it in a month or so and I can report back on the knot.