Hello from WA.

Kevy

2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Making my first welcome post, having also been redirected here from whirlpool forums. The shaving forums have been mostly a wealth of information.

First started with the 2 blades Gilette Sensor excel. Then the Mach 3... went to electrics (Philips and now Braun) and still have the 9-series Braun for touch ups and travel. The missus had already mentioned I’d just bought a new one.

Gave into the multiple Instagram Rockwell 6S which I prefer most with an Astra Green and R3. Recently purchased a Timeless titanium in 0.68 Straight bar and will try the 0.95 tonight. I’m yet to find my sweet spot with the Rockwell and it currently has a Feather in it.

Soaps? Prosaro preshave and Prosaro sandalwood. Waiting on APR to arrive from B&B and will be using Taylor’s cream. Finish with the wife’s dermalogica toner and moisturiser. It works. Well.

Simpson’s Commodore best badger but quite like the synthetic that came with the Rockwell.

What a handle - welcome @Kevy !

Quite the crowd from WA now ...

Thank you!

First time with the Taylors Old cream and can't say I love it. It lathers very, very easily on the face and a moderately wet badger brush but doesn't quite glide anywhere near as well as the Prosaro soap. It is also thicker but not smoother. I get a much superior shave with Prosaro and it also leaves more residual slickness for buffing. I'm looking forward to trying the APR which arrives in 1-2 weeks.

Have a very light touch and having a feather in the Timeless 0.95 demands concentration. Smooth, was easy to work out the angle -somewhat on the shallow end gave me the least irritation. It bites if you experiment too deep. Very, very efficient. Only the tiniest bit of blood where it nicked an ingrown hair on the neck on a XTG. Captain's call not to go ATG when my face was already starting to feel a slight burn. Perhaps a 1 shave old Feather wasn't the best option with a new, more aggressive head.

Decided to go back to the 0.68 SB to finish off which is a lovely, carefree and very smooth razor.

For those who are wondering, I get almost as good a shave with the R3 on the Rockwell 6S. The timeless 0.68SB does feel 'more' like the R4 on the face and requires a slightly steeper angle to get the right shave. From the cap, you angle it where it just cuts, then add a few degrees to that. YMMV.

Welcome to the P&C @Kevy .

welcome @Kevy

all this talk of proraso enabled me to give mine another try this morning.. much better than the last time i gave it a crack!!

Welcome to P&C @Kevy - great to have you here (y)