Hello to all...

Codfish

I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

By way of introduction, I started wet shaving with a Gillette Slim in 1963, and took up straight razors the next year. Like many of my time, I switched to Track II razors and the like to too many years,

I returned to wet shaving in 2010 (still using my original Slim). Since then, I've tried many soaps/creams/brushes as well as a good number of DE and SE razors and blades.

My major interests are in writing product reviews of new DE razors and synthetic brushes. i now own 30 synthetic brushes, almost all of which were made since 2010. My preferred setup is a Muhle R41 2013, Muhle KOSMO 21mm V2 Silvertip Fibre brush, and Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.

I live in Connecticut in the U.S. I hope you will bear with my American version of English. It's nice to finally belong to this site!

Welcome codfish. Sox or the Cards? Looks like you've got a lot of experience with traditional shaving and it's good to have another expert on this forum.

I've tried and own brushes of most types but a synthetic brush is one I have yet to try.

Last edited:
Welcome Codfish.

I have heard good things about the newer synthetic brushes. I'd be interested to hear more of your thoughts and experiences with them.

Cheers
SyD

Welcome Codfish. It'd be great if you made a thread showing off those synthetics, and gave us your pick of the bunch.

Welcome mate!

Despite what others will claim I DON'T have one of everything but I did recently pick up a Muhle synthetic travel brush - sensational brush and perfect for travel!

Soft but still with heaps of backbone and dries really quickly.

Would love your thoughts on other synthetics

Welcome mate!

Despite what others will claim I DON'T have one of everything

Nobody has ever claimed Mark has one of everything. His minimum requirement to satisy his bizarre carvings is at least two. (i know I asked both his wives).

Anyway welcome to you cod.

G'day codfish.

I use an R41 also, I switch between it and a Progress.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.