Hello

Srdjan

Knot your average member
Famous Elsewhere
Artisan Producer
I figured it's time to drop by this forum and formally say, Hey to all! My name is Srdjan, just as the nick says, and I have been dwelling in the wet shave lands for about 5 or 6 years now.
I am sure I know many of you, as many of you already may know me from various social media outlets, such as Instagram, SRP, Facebook, ATG et cetera.

But for those who don't: I am a technology professional by day, and a wet shaving junkie by night... on the weekends, too, as family permits. I am about to start planning our family move to Canberra. I am super excited about that. I spent a few months in Canberra last year, so it isn't new to me. I also managed to stumble upon one our own by pure accident, when I visited Men's Biz in Canberra. There I was, just browsing the shave stuff and the fragrances, when Tim came over to help and we started chatting. He seemed very knowledgable and "in the game" right off the jump. I was of course clueless as to who he was, at that stage. As we were chatting, he pulled his phone out to show me some of the soap he uses, opened Instagram, and boom.... you can imagine the surprise and the excitement when we realized we already knew of each other very well. That was very cool, to travel half way around the globe and find a familiar face like that?! That almost never happens!

Let me just briefly jump back to me and wet shaving - Yeah, I started because I was getting massive ingrown hairs and irritation from the carts. I turned to straight razors very quickly, and they have since become a great passion. I use them, restore them, hone them, rescale them, you name it. I just love the way of the straight razor. Honing and whetstones have also been interesting from the very beginning - No surprise, Japanese stones especially (and for most part). I've grown my own little quarry to a decent size by now. I am not planning to stop growing it, but I might have to pause for the time being, given the circumstances. Other than that, I've been recently making (more) shaving brushes. I've made a few back in 2017, but gained some momentum in the second half of last year. So far, they've been done in collaboration with my sister, who is a pottery artist. I make the knots, she makes the handles. We work very well together, and if there's one thing I will miss when I move, it is that particular collaboration. If the forum permits, I might share some of that work here with you, as well. I have a thread going on the UK forum ATG, too. Maybe some of you have already seen that.... but I digress. I hope this is enough of an intro for the time being!

(Yes, yes, I like a good DE too, don't worry... and soap, and aftershaves - I, too fell into virtually every rabbit hole that exists in this game) :D

Please drop by and give me a follow on Instagram if you'd like, and I will give you a follow back. I am looking forward to meeting the Australian shave community in the years to come!

https://www.instagram.com/mr__britva

G'day @Srdjan. Welcome to P&C.

Welcome to P&C @Srdjan - great to have you here and great to have you soon in the country as well (y)

Welcome @Srdjan !

That @Timmy Dee is a good bloke (but don't let him know we think that) and it will be exciting to have you in Canberra!

Srdjan! Great to hear from you again, mate - welcome to P&C and soon Canberra.
It was indeed a weird twist of fate to realise we were in the same IG circles - what are the odds?!!! Always terrific to talk shop with someone with passion for wetshaving.
It's good to know we'll be seeing you around a lot more.

Thanks for the kind words @Mark1966 :)