Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
You know sometimes when something is too good to be true?

Late last night I saw an auction for these - BIN at $5

$_57.JPG

How could I resist?

The mouse instinctively clicked on the Buy it Now button and they are mine!!!!!

It was then I notice - pickup only.

I've contacted the seller and he will not post and I'm only really buying to keep them in the family - the SA or Parat are each worth more than that.

He has offered to leave the items in his doorstep and I've paid by PayPal. If any of this is of interest to somebody lets work out a deal :)

PM me mate, will work out something :)

Thought you might be close @borked but didn't want to presume - PM incoming ...

Thought you might be close @borked but didn't want to presume - PM incoming ...
The head honcho is closer, yet it's close enough for it not to be a PITA for me and more than happy to oblige and help you out mate :)
BTW I think @gthomas04 intended to offer you $50 for the lighter, yet missed the zero.
If you two arrange an amicable deal, I'm happy to forward it onto him, if desired :)

The head honcho is closer, yet it's close enough for it not to be a PITA for me and more than happy to oblige and help you out mate :)
BTW I think @gthomas04 intended to offer you $50 for the lighter, yet missed the zero.
If you two arrange an amicable deal, I'm happy to forward it onto him, if desired :)
Quite right @borked should have been $5.000 (always miss that extra zero. :)

Quite right @borked should have been $5.000 (always miss that extra zero. :)
Wow, a cook $5k, what's so special about this lighter if you may allow me to inquire mate ?

The SA and lighter are spoken for - if anybody wants any of the other stuff let me know

Yeah, I am closer. Only issue is that I have the kids over the weekend.

There is no rush but I think it works well for @borked

@Mark1966 Just confirming that's a nice Rocket - right? It would be perfect for someone who doesn't have any vintage Gillette's to try. [emoji106]

The Black Handled DE is a Super Adjustable in great condition with all the paint in the numbers from what I can see,

The other DE is either a Parat or a Rocket - the only difference being that the knob on the Parat is the same diameter as the hand - both are a really nice, no nonsense vintage DE.

That Parat looks like a very nice user/restorer.

Is that a 'black beauty'?

I'm in the market for a birth year razor (q2 1983), and I believe that is one of my options.

It is a 'black beauty'. @borked has got that but if it did turn out to be your birth year I'm sure we could sort something out.

Wow @Mark1966 are you going to break even on this $5 package? Sounds like you're playing St Vincent de Paul with the lot (Parat pending)....
...don't worry I reckon the big money is in the brush or scissors mate.

Wow @Mark1966 are you going to break even on this $5 package? Sounds like you're playing St Vincent de Paul with the lot (Parat pending)....

I dunno.. those hand clippers are a force to be reckoned with.

Getting a $1 haircut in Cambodia I relaxed into the chair and the barber began clipping the back, when suddenly in a blue flash and pop the cord blew out of the wall. The puzzled barber held the frayed end of the cord up for examination, sniffed the acrid wires, shrugged, put them in a drawer and continued with those good old hand clippers. 30% of the hairs were cut, the other 70% were reefed out. He must have used them to trim his water buffalo to be so blunt.

Is that a 'black beauty'?

I'm in the market for a birth year razor (q2 1983), and I believe that is one of my options.
You will require a black plastic base plate model in that case.
This looks like a metal base plate, so predates 1977.

Hes already scored $5k from @gthomas04 for the lighter and traded collection, postage and forwarding for the SA.
Will be surprised if this is not an astute investment.